ETNZ AC72 Sailing

I think the faster you go the more foward the apparent wind goes. Foiles make the boat go faster. :thumbup:

I think your right there,

Just like us sailing with our biggest spinnaker in the light, the poles right forward because the apparent wind angle is further forward from the increase of speed in the light. or something along those lines..

Stephen C, ETNZ are putting the sail up early today so best grab your camera!!

Thanks for the heads up. I got some photos of it under tow and im hoping to get some footage of it sailing back up the harbour, but EMTNZ are going to have to play ball for that to happen.

if anyone sees them heading back into the city could you please text me so I can can some footage of it It takes me around 15 minutes to get to Orakei so if anyone on the east coast bays sees them heading home a heads up would be greatly appreciated as it would give me the time to get there.

my number is 0212071194

Im standing by my phone for the whole day so remember to text if you see anything. Heres a photo of it under tow down the harbour. They ducked in behind north head and that was the last that I saw of them.

post-10945-141887208185.jpg

Looks like they had new foils on today. No Toyota on them? From what I could see anyway. Very hush hush but at least they are sailing :thumbup:

It was a long training day for them as they spent 7 hours on the water today so that must confirm that they were trying something (as well as being the only day to train this week). I will look through my footage and see if I can pick anything up on the foils.

One news tonight you will see video footage of the 72

I just saw the add. Defiantly different foils with lots of little measurements on them.

Man ETNZ is digging the knife in deep. 2 sets of foils when billionaire campaign orical only has one set... :evil:

The photos on their FB would be a good place to start

They have hidden the boards in all of the photos especially the one with Martin Tasker in it on their facebook page and theres nothing clear in my photos as im to far away except to back up royals claim that they have new boards due to having no sponsorship on them. Thanks to sam for just posting this on the crew.org.nz facebook page. have a good look at this beauty of a video

http://tvnz.co.nz/sailing-news/team-nz- ... eo-5066890

One news tonight you will see video footage of the 72

I just saw the add. Defiantly different foils with lots of little measurements on them.

Man ETNZ is digging the knife in deep. 2 sets of foils when billionaire campaign orical only has one set... :evil:

Sorry. Make that 1/2 a set of foils :lol:

Archived