ETNZ AC72 Sailing

On close inspection it is photoshop. You can see where the bow and stern were in the water. They have cut, lifted an pushed the boat foward 1/2 a boat length.

Shame. That was cool for about 5min

Photoshop? Too hard to tell on the iPad.

I am hoping it isn't because that looks sooooo cool!

Look just behind the centerboard. You can see were the bow cut through the water

Royale 780 - That spray could be wash off the foil, look at the houses on the hill, if whoever took this moved it up and forward they are very good at photoshop to keep them looking normal. (They could have taken a second photo...)

I can see what Vorpal Blade is meaning about the bow wake as you can actually see a little wake behind the board which can not be created solely by a foil.

Look 1/2 a boat length past the stern. You can see a lift of spray where the stern was. Also alot of wake for fully foiling.

Once you locate where the bow and stern was its easy to see

As much as I would love to see this, there does appear to be a block of dodgy shadowing (unnaturally straight lines) running just forward and below the hulls. :problem:

Still hoping though :thumbup:

My money says the photo is legit. Friends of mine saw the SL's foiling months ago. And the SL is the test bed for the 72.

Dalton said a long time ago that this cup is firstly about the foils and then getting the wing to depower up top during a bear-away.

Archived