Priscilla II

Te Wero Bridge

I thought Auckland Council had issues with hitting the credit limit, and was working to reduce unnecessary expenses?

Or am I mixed up and they are just trying to screw everyone they can for more revenue / rates / levies / user pays charges, and still go around pissing it all up against a wall as fast as they can?

I had heard the same, that the current temporary bridge is due for replacement due to operating/maintenance costs and that they'll be building a temporary pontoon bridge in the interim.

Isn't there a spare bridge in a west coast river?

Thats the joke of it,

I'll be you a good bottle of premium hooch that this Wero bridge, designed for pedestrians only, will cost substantially more than replacing a key state highway bridge down south.

The one down south enables revenue to be generated from a prime export industry (inbound tourism) for a region sorely lacking in other revenue sources, the Wero bridge, well, I'm not sure what is for really, I think people can get from car parks to the pubs at the Viaduct a tad quicker.

Thats the joke of it,

I'll be you a good bottle of premium hooch that this Wero bridge, designed for pedestrians only, will cost substantially more than replacing a key state highway bridge down south.

The one down south enables revenue to be generated from a prime export industry (inbound tourism) for a region sorely lacking in other revenue sources, the Wero bridge, well, I'm not sure what is for really, I think people can get from car parks to the pubs at the Viaduct a tad quicker.

Someone mentioned HHHHHOOOOCH!!?