Non Skid deck

Carbon 10.5 main would be more than 5k...

I've used what appears to be the cheap Chinese version of the ultralon foam. From eBay in asia. Way way cheaper - forget the exact price but think it was ballpark usd100 for a 2.4x1.2m piece. Simple enough to install and nice under foot and a couple of years in it seems to be lasting ok. But you don't get the option of it being nicely routed out crossways at the front and back to fit the space or customised words in it etc. You buy a sheet of it with lines routed in teak style spacing and that's what you get.

But it's grippy, comfy, easy to clean, nice and light. I'd use it again.

Yes. But a nice carbon main would be better.

I’d go for the mainsail.

Kiwigrip on mine- definitely treacherous up front.

I just did a full deck repaint and coated the kiwigrip on thin but re- rolled it quite aggressively. Theory being it will wear quick and i’ll just need to recoat it every year or so which will only take an hour or two.

I’ve seen that EVA stuff look awful on some boats and bloody hard to remove.

Carbon 10.5 main would be more than 5k...

I've used what appears to be the cheap Chinese version of the ultralon foam. From eBay in asia. Way way cheaper - forget the exact price but think it was ballpark usd100 for a 2.4x1.2m piece. Simple enough to install and nice under foot and a couple of years in it seems to be lasting ok. But you don't get the option of it being nicely routed out crossways at the front and back to fit the space or customised words in it etc. You buy a sheet of it with lines routed in teak style spacing and that's what you get.

But it's grippy, comfy, easy to clean, nice and light. I'd use it again.

Thanks Raz.

I know a main will be more. Much more. Way much more.

I’ll look up the stuff you mention.

This stuff is $130 per 2.4m sheet. So I’ll go and have a look.

https://www.nzrubberandfoam.co.nz/shop/marine-products/marine-deck-matting-diamond-beige/

I'd only use the Ultralon version.

Some of the imported appears to be made from recycled shrinkwrap. Someone borrowed my Jav and put some on the floor. 3 months later it had shrivelled up like a mid winter skinny dip, and just fell off. It left all the sticky backing on the floor, that was a far superior non skid than the crap it was supposed to be holding down.