Urgent Owner hunt for the classic Logan, Lizzie

ARC MAROPS team have recovered a boat that sunk in Little Shoal Bay. The rig was broken but recovered also. The boat was towed and then hauled out as they deemed it likely to sink again. It was on a pirated mooring so no details can be connected.

Basically the ARC want to find the owner or they will dig a big hole and bury the boat.

The thing is the boat is a 1909 Logan built in Wellington going by the name of Lizzie so I'd guess a part of our rich water front history.

Now as the ARC MAROPS Team are always pontificating about their fast effective service... cough cough... we have to find some contact details quick our I'll be continually harassed by a ugly SOB of a dude called La-La. As an ugly a picture that could create just imagine the horror show he sees each time he looks in a mirror. Mind you at least the lads and lassies were nice enough to try and find the owner of such a NZ classic in-between their 4 hour lunch break and mid afternoon pool tournament ;)

Hi Brucie :wave:

So who knows something about Lizzie, preferably a owner contact, so we can keep some of our rich history for reasons other than mulch.

If he doesn't turn up soon it looks like his boat is going to Wellington:

http://www.classicyacht.org.nz/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=16&thread_id=906

Probably better than the tip the Harbourmaster had planned though.

Credit to them for making the effort to avoid scraping it. I asked at home but SWMBO said no - possibly one of the better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission instances...

It'd a good thing if the CYA guys in wgtn got her.. she'd be brought back .

As I said in the Classics link , the boat had a fortune spent on her in the 1980's when the Robertsons owned her as Linnet.

I thought she was a Bailey .( E Bailey?)

Don't know myself John just working on info supplied..... by the dude in the photo on the Classics site, as ugly as he is.

The ARC team just don't want to have to dump her but will have no choice if they can't get hold of an owner or something. Or that's how I understand it.

Yes Dagg, damn good of them to try like this especially as only two are real boaties meaning they have and sail real boats i.e. yachts. The rest smell of petrol and diesel :twisted: :lol:

Don't know myself John just working on info supplied..... by the dude in the photo on the Classics site, as ugly as he is.

The ARC team just don't want to have to dump her but will have no choice if they can't get hold of an owner or something. Or that's how I understand it.

Yes Dagg, damn good of them to try like this especially as only two are real boaties meaning they have and sail real boats i.e. yachts. The rest smell of petrol and diesel :twisted: :lol:

Actually I think there is a third yachtie there at the moment, sailing from NZ to various parts of South East Asia and back qualfies I think :thumbup:

As long as someone gets her and put some sweat equity in.. all is good.

The point is ( and I haven't looked at her for some years I admit) is that our timber and building methods are incredibly resilient, so chances are that this boat will need relatively minor work compared to an overseas boat of the same age and pedigree. And when its a boat of this size and knowing what was spent on her in the 80's as I said, it just may turn out to be that... sweat equity and not a giant amount of money thats required by a savvy new owner.

Opps, correct. I missed her in the hazy of ugliness thrown out by her male workmates :lol:

With quotes like that about the team you want to make sure you don't break any rules whenout boating! Is that a broken stern light? smash! looks like it is!

With quotes like that about the team you want to make sure you don't break any rules when out boating! Is that a broken stern light? smash! looks like it is!

oh yes, the big mirror shades, nightstick and shiny black boots :evil: :evil:

Nah, sorry can't see you as the bad cop, you are far too sneaky for that...

Knot Me, he is far more likely to offer your keel as a trial growth area for anti-fouling resistant kelp :D :D

I have been seen to say the odd rude word to a Yellow Fizz with HARBOUR something or other down the side.

But only as they usually start it :lol: :lol:

It is fun to watch the crews, of both boats, sitting there thinking 'WTF?' while me and Bruce go at it. I'm sure one or 2 have thought they were about to be arrested. Bloody funny :)

The MAROPS team are good bunch of lads and lassies so enjoy a nice bit of banter.

So whoever owns it at the moment loses title after 14 days?

What if they went skiing for a couple of weeks.

I know they don't deserve to own a yacht, but by that measure 75% of the yachts out there should be up for adoption.

by the time it gets to the stage of having a notice like that on it the owner is long gone. generally all efforts are made to find the owner and when that doesn't work you start the legal process of disposal, i.e. giving notice of removal

Archived