Funny Boat names

wheels

Hmm, so the tradition when renaming a boat is......but that was from the old Sailing days when it was a Male only world. So how are you going to tackle Tradition Ash??? :wink: :lol:

By the way, I like Stinger as a name.

I know I know....but I have already looked up the ceremonies.... oddly enough in everything I read the virgin peeing did not come up! I will do a proper de-naming and re-naming ceremony... :shifty:

When I am done with the boat I will have almost rebuilt a new boat and I think it deserves a new name. I want something that matches me and my goals and with the name Stinger I just don't get that feel unfortunately. :think:

Could call it "Scubashco" as a play on words of your current avatar, "Bash" recognising the demise of the previous boat, "Co" the assistance you are getting with this one, also with a slightly obscure link to Tabasco as something hot, pertaining perhaps to the future performance of the boat, and who knows (I'm sure someone does) maybe the owner herself.

Could call it "Scubashco" as a play on words of your current avatar, "Bash" recognising the demise of the previous boat, "Co" the assistance you are getting with this one, also with a slightly obscure link to Tabasco as something hot, pertaining perhaps to the future performance of the boat, and who knows (I'm sure someone does) maybe the owner herself.

And Chubasco (Chico30) was a previous winner of the trans Tasman.

How about Dr. Ropata.... :lol: :lol: :lol: seeing that I am originally from Guatemala?

+1

[ 3 syll. ro-pa-ta, rop-ata ] The boy name Ropata is pronounced as ROW-Pae-Taa- †. Ropata's origin is Germanic and Maori. From Maori roots, its meaning is "bright fame".

Archived