offshore insurance 2 handed?

John B

You're kidding, a 470 crossed the Atlantic??? Holy crap, knot too sure to make a 'knutcases' or 'Ya frecking Hoo!!!' call on that one. I'm certainly impressed at the effort though.

There ya go SH, go ask them if they got insurance for their trip :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the 6 yo sails. Does that mean they won't replace a 6 yo sail that blows out, or does it mean if the boat heads offshore with sails older than 6 years the boat in its entirety is no longer insured. See the difference. (I got 10 years out of my first set of offshore sails - but i was uninsured so it didn't matter).

No BP, just that the sail is worth nothing on insurance. I have an email from Northern Reef saying my rig is covered despite it being 11 years old.

Northern Reef were the only ones who would cover me for the Solo Tasman, then for cruising (mostly 2 handed) without stupid requirements - like can't sail at night, need another crew for passages over 24 hours etc.

I do understand that the payment restrictions on the rig really means the cover is only useful in a total loss situation, and to get you into the odd Marina.

I will revisit this next Feb, when the current policy expires....

If you believe that you will believe anything. They Don't.

You might need to check your facts their OC, the Atlantic was crossed in one in 2006.

Google is your friend

Link?

My googling needs some fine tuning.

What, they don't sail across oceans in 470's

Are you sure

"They don't" refers to Olympic sailors friend. They sail with brand new sails.

OC

Back to the 6 yo sails. Does that mean they won't replace a 6 yo sail that blows out, or does it mean if the boat heads offshore with sails older than 6 years the boat in its entirety is no longer insured. See the difference. (I got 10 years out of my first set of offshore sails - but i was uninsured so it didn't matter).

Depends my friend.

Depends on the assessor, the district office and the claims manager, then the branch manager. Could mean both especially if they are storm sails that fail and they can argue the boat would have probably been saved all else being equal.

Because this can apply. Always get written confirmation re this topic or interpretation.

Interpretation meaning. If you don't have a written qualification from the insurance company and any, the general , claims, branch office manager, the assessors are replaced then anything can be expected.

http://pantaenius.us/en/news-events/news/newsartikel/news/what-you-need-to-know-about-implied-warranties-of-seaworthiness.html

OC

Archived