kiwigrip - don't slip

erice

I haven't used Don't slip but I found Resene antiskid better than kiwigrip and better than sand especially when wet and its available in more colours. Its easier to apply too. Price is about the same. Good luck

I have used Burnsco's product. It works, it seems to last, it's easy to apply, I don't like it. Nothing wrong with the product, it is personal preference. It is a very hard material when dry and the little "point' end up being sharp on the feet and you can't kneel on it. I can't anyway. Perhaps I am just soft. In the pat I have used TredGrip. It is a rubber based product with fine Rubber chip in it. I would happily go back to it in the future. Excellent Grip, probably better than the other textured paints, because it does not use the texture so much to give the Grip and it is easy on the feet and Knees. Similar Price. I got mine from a Paint supplier (Guthrie Bowrons, I don't know if they are in Auck) It is used as a coating around Pools and Floors etc. The only negative is you need to cover anything in the near area you don't want painted, because the little rubber chips tend to flick into the air.

I have used Kiwi Grip and Don't Slip, they seem identical to me, I can't tell the difference.

How much grip they provide and how sharp the finish is depends on how thick you apply it and how much you let it sit before you run the roller across. Very forgiving and easy to use products.

I have used dont slip many times, found it to be great. very easy to apply, looks good and does the job.

I did the cockpit with less grip and the foredeck with more, just as willow says you only have to leave it for longer before going over it with the roller.

I used the white which gets dirty quite easily. I think a darker color would would better long term.

I'm sure its just going to be a marketing / perhaps franchise thing, a bit like the identical Epirbs sold under different brand names that goes on, something like that.

With these sorts of products there's often a compromise, a bit like varnish v oil v cetol etc.

If I had a boat in a shed and wanted a top looking job I'd go 2 pot and margins and the shaken on grip de jour etc. But if you accept the fact that a latex paint like don't slip is not going to quite look as good but do the job in a practical kind of way ,and with the advantages of being able to be done 'the old fashioned way', ie you do it between weather fronts or when you have time, then its a great product. I've used since it came out.

Touches up really easily , very tenacious, no clean up problems( water), recoating is easy prepared by washing and scotchbriting maybe. I even used it for bottom paint on one of our dinghies.... every year or so I'd just touch up the scrapes.

Good product , not quite as pretty as a 2 pot pro type job.

Archived