water world in tuts?

:lol: No no a sensible safety film about the dangers of sailing multihulls.

Actually she looks identical to the boat that came ashore by Ngapipi road about 1987 -89 and was patched up on the hardstand at Okahu Bay over a couple of years, though she was glass not ply - but ended up with new floats amas?

:lol: No no a sensible safety film about the dangers of sailing multihulls.

Actually she looks identical to the boat that came ashore by Ngapipi road about 1987 -89 and was patched up on the hardstand at Okahu Bay over a couple of years, though she was glass not ply - but ended up with new floats amas?

I was there!! Okahu bay was our home( haulout) for a month or so every year for 20 odd years. Hell , if I had a dollar for every boat I saw that was wrecked on that sea wall I could probably buy a bottle of cheap rum. or at least gin.

That whole Rose Noelle thing was pretty amazing , you know she only wrecked around the rocks by Rosalie bay thereabouts , maybe a bit back North.. another mile or two and she would have made it through Colville channel.

Cannot remember the name or year (but before 1900) the vessel was posted missing after departing Melbourne but turned up at it's destination in Noumea 6 months overdue, not sure if all crew / passengers survived.

Abandoned screens on TV One, Sunday, 8.30pm

Abandoned dramatises the much-recounted story of how, in 1989, the trimaran bound for Tonga from Picton was overturned by a freak wave and the four men aboard spent a tense 119 days adrift before coming ashore on Great Barrier Island.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11503072