New dinghy

Yup ,I have been searching the world for a replacement inflatable dink.

Mr Des Townson has left us all a remarkable legacy.

And the builder has done a bloody excellent job as well. :thumbup:

Where can I buy a inflatable version of this.

l0sjr8m.jpg

tg8cH8K.jpg

eEHULSo.jpg

nXqJuQd.jpg

Maybe it could be adapted into a nester.

A 1/2 1/2 job is the Walker bay 2.7 the hull is plastic with removeable tubes there is a choice of PVC or Hypalon tubes, on ours the pvc tubes were a sticky mess after 2 years and had started to pack up inside the first year. We replaced the PVC with Hypalon and made a sun cover for them. The cover probably would have worked well with the PVC, had we realised and fitted it before they really packed up. It rows well one up, OK two up, 3 you are struggling. The plastic is really tough, ours has many scars from over the years. 2hp Yamaha is all it needs. A reasonable all round dinghy, can have a sail kit if you want one. Smart Marine used to be the agents, not sure who if anyone is now.

I have finally solved the issue of replacing my 20+ year old Zodiac inflatable dink.

I was considering a minter second hand Avon Redcrest shipped from England.

I liked the Achilles LT 4.

Could not find a decent durable and practicable local product apart from the Lancer at $4.5k.

So guess what, I managed to find a unused last edition French assembled Zodiac Cadet rollup on trademe.

Ok I know I have endlessly banged on about the weakness of the Zodiac but some have been addressed with this model.

Floors and seams are much improved and valves actually work.

Rowlocks are crap and always will be so I will look to retro fit Avon styled versions as BP posted.

Arrr happy days are here again.

yBkijw3.jpg

9dSkPMz.jpg

9uF5fI8.jpg

Archived