How long are you allowed to anchor for?

What's it matter how long he, or any of us, anchor for? I can't believe the Council have the time or resources to worry about this. I hate to think what it's cost to bring proceedings to the various courts.

Councils don't care about the cost, after all it comes from rates, not their pocket. They have been making life difficult for this particular guy for years. I'm sure it has become personal and any outcome other than the one they want wont be acceptable. 15 years ago Northland didn't have a regional Harbour Office, started off with 1 man now It is probably the fastest growing part of the NRC. They monitor most anchoring spots in Whangarei Harbour and move on anyone who anchors regularly in the one spot, Like the defendant.

For many their boat is their home. They work ashore but live aboard. You are not allowed (supposed) to live aboard in Whangarei Harbour other than in the Town basin, unless you are a transient.