Antifouling an Inflatable

Hi I have a friend, who some time ago, had a stroke, he is currently living on his boat, I say good on him.

He uses an inflatable dingy to get back a forth to the boat as it is more stable for him to get in and out.

As the inflatable is in the water most of the time it gets fouled quickly. 

Question:

Is there any flexible antifouling that could be used, which is available in NZ or has anybody got any suggestions as to what could be applied to stop or minimise the fouling?

I've got a customer who has an old aquapro rib that he keeps in the water. He has antifouled the hull with Trilux and all the tubes where they sit in the water and that has been fine for a long time (10 years plus). I wouldn't have recommended it to any one but the pvc is still flexible and free from barnacles. I've seen quite a few over the years and hard antifoul is used mostly because of dragging the boat on deck for passages, ablative makes a hell of a mess.

• Upvote 1
Guest Ketchup

If the owner rigs up a 3/4 point harness on the inflateable (bow and transom corners) and then uses a halyard to pull it Just clear of the water (port or starboard side) then no need for a/foul.

All the rage in the Med.

Yep, I have that. Lift the dingy with the engine on and fuel in. Mostly for security when in areas I consider risky, when a steel security cable is rove thru the engine, dingy handles and fuel tank, and all is locked to the yacht. Yep, could be cut, but not, I reckon, without waking me up! Pretty common amounst cruisers...