Anniversary day regatta entries?

Yep POAL are the big sponsor.  Sounds almost unbelievable. I can't find any link to an entries page on the web site , how did you find that out Khayyam?

Got it in an email. Presumably they had my address because I've entered in the past. The email was more or less begging me to enter again -- but sadly we've got no boat at the moment!

Usual thing, pressure on families to go away for the long weekend, though would expect more entries for the passage races particularly from Kawau & Mahurangi . Of course all the gun boats will be returning from Bay Week. Remember when all the Whitbread boats entered the A division race in the eighties. Prize giving disappointing the last few years with only the winners of races being given the spot prizes. The fleet of classics has been the main keelboat race in the harbour for some years, even the Tug boat race course has been shortened and brought inside the harbour. Perhaps the organisers should observe Mahurangi to see the type of regatta that is drawing huge crowds. Certainly Joyce works tirelessly to promote the Regatta-so it is no fault of hers that the numbers are down.

Yep, I got the email too. Like most, we're away for the long weekend. In the past it has been up at Mahurangi/Kawau, these days at the bach, but even when we were sailing it was hard to get motivated to "race" home.

This year is the perfect storm for events like this.

• Crap weather over Xmas meaning people are just that little more eager to get away
  • Bay Week butting up against Anniversary Weekend meaning fewer race boats around
  • Anniversary and Waitangi Weekend lining up to give you a 10 day break with only 4 days leave taken.