Trip around to Havelock.

We headed for Havelock on Sunday morning. The poor Boat is getting some much needed TLC on the slipway around there. But of what a trip. I am over this wild woolly stuff. Why can't we get some decent weather. I keep reading of the wonderful sailing trips you guys all get.
So one issue I currently have is that we have very little drive from the prop. I assume it is really fouled up. I could get 4kts if the going is good. But it took far longer than I wanted to get to Cape Jackson and we rounded into a Westerly that was not supposed to be arriving to much later. We pushed on as was slowed to just 2kts. All the time the wind built. Finally after ours of pushing into it, we were just a mile of Alligator head and the westerly built to 35kts and we just could not get any forward momentum. So I decided to turn around and head back to Gore bay for shelter. I let out the headsail and we were off at 8kts. I thought that would help knock some weed off. Fond some shelter for the night and then came back around on Monday in 15kts of Southwest. By the time we got into the Pelorus, we were back into another blow and making slow going. Finally anchored in a lovely bit of shelter for the night. This morning, we motored on to the head of the channel and are ready to take that on tomorrow morning.
There are times I wonder why I do this. But the wine and lovely bay we are i is helping answer that.

Seems like the sailing gods aren't smiling, Dragged anchor today in Whangamumu with 34 other boats in here, trying to reset when your steering is loosy goosy (we're here fixing it) in 20kn is not fun!

I've counted ONE summers day so far....

I thought we had a sharing attitude here on Crew. ;-) 

It's started blowing and this weather was supposed to be arriving much later. I have to navigate a little stream this morning, then turn 90degree and line up into a cradle. This is going to be interesting.

Sitting at Home right now. Feeling veeeery tired and sore after today's work. We got the boat in the cradle just before the wind arrived. It's howling 35kts now and really happy to have got ahead of it.

So now that I can sit at the computer and type properly, there is more to the story,
Firstly, yes BP you were right, the Prop was fouled something terrible with a worm type thing that has a solid shell type tube. The prop was smothered in it. 
But yesterday, I also noticed the Hydraulic pressure gauge for the gearbox was flickering. I checked the box and sure enough, it was out of oil. No idea where it went. Oh joy, need to look for a leak now. The Hull was not as dirty as I expected it to be, but there was still plenty of growth in places. I spent several hrs waterblasting it back to clean again.

I am looking forward to a real good sleep tonight. Not sure what I can do tomorrow, it's blowing dogs off chains and supposed to be worse tomorrow.