Oh #$%&, had to happen one day

Murky

Wow! They were very lucky indeed! Interesting that Fullers is already saying bad vis was not a factor and they are soley looking at who didn't give way!! I thought rule #1 was to "Avoid a collision at all costs"...?? If the Ferry saw them and did not slow down or alter course, then questions should surely be asked??

Not too sure on the visibility issue - the Herald has reported that "The crash happened in rain and rough seas near the Bean Rock lighthouse shortly before 9pm on Saturday." It was certainly windy and pissing down on Saturday night at our place which is only a couple of k's away - was contemplating the weather as we were going out on Sunday morning.

Rumour has it that the launch had no lights on...

The other rumour is the two in the launch had had more to drink than your average Yachtyakka tasting session. Thats to be corroberated by the officials of course.

Sounds more like Darwin Theory than an accident. Saturday evening had that shitty misty murky rain giving poor vis, combine that with no lights...

shitty misty murky rain

Cruisin' for a lawyer's letter if you keep dragging my name into it like that, Fish. :lol: How would you like it if people put up posts saying something smelled a bit...oh OK, fair enough then.

The original Murky™

shitty misty murky rain

Cruisin' for a lawyer's letter if you keep dragging my name into it like that, Fish. :lol: How would you like it if people put up posts saying something smelled a bit...oh OK, fair enough then.

The original Murky™

My sincerest apologise Murky, I was going to put an apology in the above post, but its much more fun trolling for a bite :lol:

I know the skipper's brother in law. His story is that he made a definite turn to starboard so as to leave the ferry to port (maybe a bit late though) and the ferry turned sharply to port instead.

Archived