Halyard tensioning

Idears please , I and a mate have put on the Alado furlers , fantastic , best systerm I have used , best quality. Easy to fit , no fuss. They have a pulley top and bottom for there own halyard , so no mast halyards getting twisted , or top fitting binding up causing probs So we haul the sail , wetie a hitch in the line to tension the luff , tie off the excesshalyard Bingo , so what other way can we tension the halyard Thoughts I have had , two to one block systerm , hifield type of lever on the foil , what else ,simple , is there So the halyard comes down the foil sail is up and through the base fitting , the. Tension , how , mor heads are better than one

yes, there is a V jam cleat in the side of the block pic above. These furlers dont need much halyard tension - on mine, i cant point if the tension is even tight enough to remove all the creases at the luff. You can do this without a block at all;

alado furler.jpg

2 headsails can be on the same furler - for downwind cruising in that pic, hence two halyards...

Yup. I’d like to get rid of it altogether, but I don’t like the idea of having to go up the rig to release the halyard. It’d be good to reduce the compressive load on the foil though. Still thinking about that....

How about a small tackle attached to one of those open sided clam cleats? Hook it on, Tension as required, tie off the halyard, and remove the tackle. As long as its pulling in the same direction it should work fine

Island time thanks , fitted today and works a treat , once the tail comes out of the cleat I just tailed off around the drum , it’s staying on the furler So sowed a leather cover around the halyardand down over the top sheath to protect the foil ,very tidy and the two two one purchase is adequate. Will head out for a sail to test tomorrow I used 8 mill braid and goestight in the cleat clam well Thanks again all