Auckland mooring locations?

I live in Hamilton, have a GBE and would like to bring it around from Tauranga. I don’t want to pay for a marina berth.

What and where are the mooring options? South end of Auckland so I can avoid most of the traffic.

I’m familiar with Clevedon river option, and know of the Kawakawa bay moorings but I think they are a bit exposed.

Along a similar vein, does anyone know anything about the Thames mooring situation?

Google maps shows a mud marina, really only suited to launches, but I've seen some big multi's on the hard there.

We're thinking about upgrading, but my Northcote mooring is not even remotely close to being suitable for the bigger tri. Being in a similar area to kiwifish, the bottom of the firth is our closest real water.

I'll need about a metre to float, being a bit tidal not really a worry, would like to get half tide access if possible

Kiwifish, I can regularly do Huntly to Northcote in 1:05, leaving at around 8am weekends. It seems to take a lot longer to get out to Bucks beach to a mates boat at around the same time- no idea why.

Heading home late afternoon is usually pretty quick and easy.

It actually takes me anything from 45 minutes to 1:10 to get to work in papakura during the week, such is the weekday traffic

Waitak is top of tide only, I believe one of the yachts there circumnavigated and did many channels in Europe with its lifting keel

Thames berths are not actually legal just historical berths, the only way to acquirer one is to buy an existing boat and berth I’m told, but they sit in the mud more than half the tide, there are a few keelers there but older full keel types, there was a Matangi there recently.

Cleveland or Whitford rivers would be options but similar travel time to LSB. Anything in the Tamaki river will be longer travel times

We live south of the Bombay’s and keep our boat at Westhaven, it’s all about picking your travel times, but at least we don’t have to then line that up with the tide, moon, planets and stars.

I have a little shoal bay drying mooring available has had cats and tris up to 46ft on it

Are you sure it's still there? That day I tried to borrow it I couldn't find anything where you described, eventually just pulling the boat onto the mud near high tide and tossing out a couple of anchors.

But yes, that's also an option.

Just spitballing at present, making sure I leave nothing to chance if we do trade up.

Are you sure it's still there? That day I tried to borrow it I couldn't find anything where you described, eventually just pulling the boat onto the mud near high tide and tossing out a couple of anchors.

But yes, that's also an option.

Just spitballing at present, making sure I leave nothing to chance if we do trade up.

probably just the location now, still paying 65$ a year for it. You would need to put in new anchors and lines but most boats there hang on tyres buried in the mud, and they seem to work very well, I had 2 or 3 tyres for the bow and stern about 20 metres apart, with the boat aimed at the bridge to get the ferry wakes end on.