Mariner End of Year Rum Race

It's all set for Wed 22nd Dec, book it in now before you get committed elsewhere.All prizes courtesy of Mount Gay Rum. The goal is 100 entries this year. :D

I've updated the link on the home page.

Here's a question, did anybody notice how many boats used the free parking on the events berth last year????

We are looking forward at being involved again.

The more the merrier, if it floats and sails come along. It'd be good to see some non racers out too. Hopefully the Mark Foy start may encourage some out who are not too keen to get tangled up in a start line melee.

All melees will happen at prizegiving.

A few new developments today.

Richmond are going to open the club and bar early for spectators. So non sailors can watch and wait and drink, I'm going to ask the band if they can come early for that also.

More to come on the party.

I will try and book the events berth again.

Entries are starting to come in, don't miss the rum race of the year.

At RYC's suggestion we will have the band playing some lightg jazz/wallpaper music from around5.30 or 6 (as soon as theyh can get there and be set up) and the bar will be open. The idea is wives/girlfriends/non sailors can hang out there, eat and drink and listen to music and watch the start/finish, then be around to join in the dancing and singing later on

, did anybody notice how many boats used the free parking on the events berth last year????

We were the only ones left in the morning, 3 or 4 from hazy memory

Unfortunately won't make it this year.

Looks like I'll be arriving back lunchtime on 23rd. Is it still on the 22nd or has it been magically delayed by one day (he asks hopefully)?!

Looks like I might now be arriving back at lunchtime on the 22nd. Anyone got a spot for a jet-lagged AC and a gorgeous Indian gal? And sorry, no pic cos I got told off for that last time by AA!

Archived