Parts for Lewmar Winches

Grinna

The one that stops water squirting up the handle when you pump (this annoys the women somewhat) is a one off with a spring inside it. They won't sell you that ring, I've never found an alternative.

It sounds like a lip seal, available from most industrial bearing suppliers like SAECO.

Lip seal.JPG

You all beat me to it. But yeah, O'rings, seals and so on, any Bearing supplier or places like Blackwoods/Pykel etc have these things and they should be cheap as chips. This pump kit business is just a rip off.

Big T let me see, that has to be Burnsco Huh?? Yeah yet another big rip off. It is how they get you to buy new toilets. Make the parts so damn expensive, you can't be bothered and shell out extra bucks to buy the whole thing.

I was asked to buy a seal kit for a freshwater handpump, fynspray or something for a mates yacht we were going away on for a few days.

It was $80 or something.

I was so shocked I handed over my card while still in a daze.

I worked for Tyco for a while, and we made up O-ring kits for their pnuematic ball valve actuators.

The O-rings cost $10 from Shuk, and we were flogging them in a deal bag for $150.

I rebiult a large Raw water cooling pump for a Ford engine about 18mths back. The "kit" was stupid money and I went to the local Bearing place and got all parts required off the shelf. Bearings and seals cost a grand total of $35.

Archived