Now does this look nice or what

SloopJohnB

Looks old, expensive and slow.

What a giant waste of time and money

Ken you heathen! :lol:

This is art on the water... these boats are magnificent and awe inspiring in their beauty

Clive, this boat is magnificent and awe inspiring.

But I will admit a J class is more liekly to attrct bikini clad beauties to sunbake on the teak decks though

Yep .. I'll agree with that!

The J's have a style and class most new boats will never have, that Tri included. Being next to one on the water is totaly awe inspiring, about 1 gazillion times more than a photo could ever protray.

I doubt I'd say the Tri is much in the looks stakes but it sure is awe inspiring when talking performance.

happy to take one of either off anyones hands but if push comes to shove, feck the looks give me the Tris performance any day.

Clive, this boat is magnificent and awe inspiring.

No it isn't. If the thing sailed like a Pig and could only make 8kts, then I bet you wouldn't feel the same way about it. It's what it does is what makes it magnificent and awe inspiring.

The J class is real class. The design from so many years ago just screams out fast and even today, they still are. The elegance and pure craftsmanship that are in these boats is something that is seldom seen today. In fact there are very few Craftsman left that can work majic with wood like those guys did back then.

IMHO the America's Cup should just defer back to 'em J Classses instead of all this wacky urba-techo, multi hull, arms race, minimal wind limit, willynillyness.

You joke Wheels, we had a project a while back that held us up to the weight estimate we gave them. They couldn't afford any extra weight in the masts as the client decided he wanted 2 extra cannons on deck.

7 cannons on a super ketch. Like proper replica ones, not 50 cal,

Why?

J boats are cool though, been on one of the originals twice, absolutely amazed. The new ones that are being built all follow the original rules, bath tub, 90' lwl, 120' loa, fire place optional.

Archived