Y8.4s

col j

white - easy care - but boring. You gonna stick with the wing mast?

Yeah, all logic points to white. But I feel like a colour, not green or metallic. My cherub was green and I had a metallic starling. Was thinking yellow, similar to Jive Talking. Anything but the stripes....!

For the moment I will keep the wing but it's moving 250mm aft, square top and a shorter boom on the main. The wing is cool, and fast but lacks the ability to bend and de-power up wind. So when normal rigs cranked on backstay we'd have to reef.

My current main was a hand me down from Blue Dude so the Dude's rig wasn't as big as people thought.

ahh cool i hadnt started racing down here then wish i had always wanted to go 4 a blast on blue dude when the boat and i was in the boi had good look over her tho cool boats good luck with the rest of your rebuild :thumbup: ps some pic's when it goes in would be nice or even as it gets closer :wink:

Sure,

I've got the scaffold and shrink wrap tent going up in the back yard this weekend, so with that up the progress should ramp up a bit! I want to have her sailing again before the end of summer. Possibly swap a new keel in before the winter series. See how I go....

I dont know much about the 8.4s, how similar/different are they all? Kinda seems like they are of piedy style, all the same but not really the same.

That transoms looking cool! :thumbup:

Paint colour is easy... depends what coloured kite ya have, or the logo colour of someone who wants to sponsor you a new one..

Archived