What do you reckon?

Atom Ant

I suddenly find myself without a dinghy for summer. Looking at something inexpensive as if, one day I sell my boat and buy another, it may well have a dinghy. Saw this, and wonder if any of you know anything about them

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=340106131

Not sure if it will show up as the auction closed but it's on fixed price offer for $795. 2.3 metre inflatable keel with inflatable floor.

Or does someone want to "rent" me a dinghy for a short while? Up until 9 January.

Run into some of that dudes gear before. Doesn't know what he sells and rather price based. Could be fine but equally..........

The ding is for towing behind AA, AA? Sorry about the stutter :lol:

I don't know about this one but I have a 2.4m inflatable keel dinghy and it tows really well. It keeps straight, doesn't charge the boat and is generally light enough not to cause too much drag. It has a bridle towing arrangement so self corrects if it veers off. What's more it is really stable to hop in and out of so it doesn't tip the better half into the drink.

My one is a rebranded Quicksilver that Rayglass were bringing in at the time (branded Protector). From memory I didn't pay too much more for it than what this one is listed at. It was certainly less than $1000 (about five years ago) but was on special at the time.

AA

I've got one very similar that I'm about to list on Trademe for $500 if your interested?

Hardly used, in good condition only a bit of rust on the stainless bolts! :?

PM me if interested and I'll send you some pics.

SHANE

I have a 3.4m inflatable Keel Zebec that likes to "breath" :wink: It has had a hard life. Sits in the Sun and has done for 7yrs. The Fabric is still OK, but I am having trouble trying to keep patches on it now. Mainly because the plain old glue is not good at being in the Sun. I need that real good two pot glue. When I do upgrade, hopefuly next year, i want to go to a RIB.

Hi AA, if you don't buy this one or Shane's I have a lancer inflatable with solid seat. (2.1m I think) used only a few times. Has a patch near the seat (from a hook). Want $500 for it. PM me if you're interested.

Looks like it has an inflatable floor - I built one for my 2.7m Aquapro and it tows pretty well with the keel inflated - otherwise they just suck down and tow like a dog.

It would fit on the foredeck of AA anyway so why not go a little bigger? 2.7m fits (very neatly) on E7.4m so would be fine on AA.

AA,

Talk to Kenny Feder, he sells dinghys.

Ken Feder Marine

Unit 1

164 Porchester Road

Takanini

Papakura

Auckland 2110

164 Porchester Road

Takanini

Papakura 2110 Telephone

(021) 450 015

you got a big tender thats up for grabs km? how big?

may have a 3.3 maybe 3.6mt roto molded one. Oldish but in OK nick and probably damn good at what I suspect could be the huge price of a cold 6 pack. Sussing with owner now but he didn't seem to want it a few months back. Go damn well with a few people and a 8hp I'd think.

Oh AA, I have a Pelican but it's got a flat bugger it. I do like those pelicans, underrated in my books. Speak to KFeed as mentioned byKiwikid.

John

Give me a call and we can go through the various rollups around.

I can then also tell you why the Southern Pacifics weigh half of any of the other models and are the only answer for an intending multi sailor.

Jono

0274 754 169

Hi AA, if you don't buy this one or Shane's I have a lancer inflatable with solid seat. (2.1m I think) used only a few times. Has a patch near the seat (from a hook). Want $500 for it. PM me if you're interested.

Hey ab, Shansons looks nice but if I'm going to buy one I really want an inflatable keel model at least as they tow alot better. Alas his is a slat floor - very tidy looking otherwise!

What kind of floor does yours have?

Looks like it has an inflatable floor - I built one for my 2.7m Aquapro and it tows pretty well with the keel inflated - otherwise they just suck down and tow like a dog.

It would fit on the foredeck of AA anyway so why not go a little bigger? 2.7m fits (very neatly) on E7.4m so would be fine on AA.

Hey EE, I looked at a 2.7, but I simply don't need one that big. Yes foredeck is long enough but AA has quite a fine entry, and therefore the room is as much about beam as anything. Cheers.

Archived