Weather Warning

Just in hot off the Bayswater Marina very good communication system to its Berth holders -

The following text message has been sent to all marina occupiers:

MarinaAlert: Forecasters are predicting a severe cyclone to hit NZ Tues 18th Jan thru Thurs 20th Jan. Pls use the weekend to check your vessel's ropes. Thanks.

More information:

Tropical Cyclone Vania currently near southern New Caledonia is expected to move southwards passing near Norfolk Island over the weekend. Although the exact track is not certain, present guidance indicates that Vania will pass west of northern New Zealand on Tuesday as an extra-tropical low and move southeast over central New Zealand on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning followed by a trough and possibly another low. This active weather system is likely to bring widespread rain and northerly gales over northern and central New Zealand on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Confidence of warning amounts of rain and severe northerly gales in some exposed areas is rising to moderate. As there is the potential for very stormy conditions people are advised to remain up to date with the latest forecasts and plan accordingly.

Sod that, I'm more worried about the big low forecast to come over the top of Fiji mid next week. Never mind, I'm sure Sprocket & Sprucey will have plenty of constructive advice for me.

Sod that, I'm more worried about the big low forecast to come over the top of Fiji mid next week. Never mind, I'm sure Sprocket & Sprucey will have plenty of constructive advice for me.

Hahahaha... :lol:

Just in hot off the Bayswater Marina very good communication system to its Berth holders -

The following text message has been sent to all marina occupiers:

MarinaAlert: Forecasters are predicting a severe cyclone to hit NZ Tues 18th Jan thru Thurs 20th Jan. Pls use the weekend to check your vessel's ropes. Thanks.

More information:

Tropical Cyclone Vania currently near southern New Caledonia is expected to move southwards passing near Norfolk Island over the weekend. Although the exact track is not certain, present guidance indicates that Vania will pass west of northern New Zealand on Tuesday as an extra-tropical low and move southeast over central New Zealand on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning followed by a trough and possibly another low. This active weather system is likely to bring widespread rain and northerly gales over northern and central New Zealand on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Confidence of warning amounts of rain and severe northerly gales in some exposed areas is rising to moderate. As there is the potential for very stormy conditions people are advised to remain up to date with the latest forecasts and plan accordingly.

and I bet your laughing ya bastard .........your concretes done ..... brownie points earned etc

and I bet your laughing ya bastard .........your concretes done ..... brownie points earned etc

I just spend 2 hours on the bobby putting dirt back around it all and in the strip down the middle, for the services rather than having to dig up concrete, but was just thinking Crap, rain coming. I might have just preped everything for turning our street from tar to grass, Bugger!

Knot to mention a, OK a few donut sessions in the backyard on the bobby does cause havoc with the grass cover there as well, Opps. But what the hell, it's great fun :)

But I am damn happy Big Steel is and will be in a Marina rather than out on her mooring :thumbup:

Oh yeah Bay Week = Bugger and a big Bugger at that.

...hmmmmm....well not too sure how that will suit a wee modified Ross in the BOI Regatta next week. Fudge. Was really hoping for light winds and sunshine!!! :thumbdown:

Slightly better suited to a 6T Birdsall but there appears to be significant risk of spilling chilled alcoholic beverages :?

And I was really hoping to try out my new and improved light winds sails, a cyclone just wouldn't be Bay Race Week :!:

jesus mr. bump, want me to bring your slippers and the fire place aswell? i think we should approach this with a sensible, cautious bowmans attitude...... and put as much rag up as we can until something breaks then blame it on the cockpit staff....

jesus mr. bump, want me to bring your slippers and the fire place aswell? i think we should approach this with a sensible, cautious bowmans attitude...... and put as much rag up as we can until something breaks then blame it on the cockpit staff....
With your track record the last part would be a bloody hard ask :) :)

hey im getting better! the latest is only a hole in the deck of mr B.E's boat he was kind enough to lend me. i think we will only manage as much as a spinnaker pole through the saloon window, or if its really rough then spinnaker pole through the headsail, saloon window then over board

hey im getting better! the latest is only a hole in the deck of mr B.E's boat he was kind enough to lend me. i think we will only manage as much as a spinnaker pole through the saloon window, or if its really rough then spinnaker pole through the headsail, saloon window then over board

...I have complete faith that if something breaks, you just might be on the end of the bit of string that just might see you water skiing behind at 15 knots....I would hang on if I was u - esp at the very narrow pointy end of BnG.

Oh yes - and if need be Im sure we could have a "committee" meetn on behalf of WBC between the 2 WBC boats where I am sure a few "lemonades" might have to be consumed.... :D

15kts??....oohhh youre going on charlattan.. sorry i thought you were talking about doing that on the bump

Geez Jordan what is it with you slagging off the boats you have gone sailing on? You might be an up & coming boat slut but you'll run out of boats if you keep that up! :problem:

MetVu map has changed significantly from what I saw early this morning. Looks like significant rainfall and a bit of a blow around tues/Wed. But I don't think anything to worry about... just yet anyway.

Marlborough ius going to have some pretty big winds tomorrow though. Darn.

MetVu map has changed significantly from what I saw early this morning. Looks like significant rainfall and a bit of a blow around tues/Wed. But I don't think anything to worry about... just yet anyway.

Marlborough ius going to have some pretty big winds tomorrow though. Darn.

Someone mention rain? Yes please!!! At Army Bay please! :thumbup:

It has changed significantly even since my last post. So this could be a major event if it happens to shift direction and it only has too just a little, like say 100Nm and it will sit right on top of us. Otherwise it will slip past us and be a complete non event with some light and brief rain. If it shifts over us, Rain will be deliverd by the bucketful.

the one they mention looks a goodie however take a look at whats following it, mid coral sea and inline for new cal and.................965 according to BOM

It's changing so dramaticaly. At present, early hrs Wed morning could bring some high winds. But the changes have been so dramatic, I think it is too far out to call anything accurately at all.

something I havent seen for a while, "severe tropical cyclone ZELIA" now top of new cal and currently 957....... be worth seeing what happens......from the couch on this one

Archived