Tigre Flipped?

Just heard she's upside down and being towed, off Cape Brett. Anybody got more details???

Oh dear - it's a familiar position. Previous owner pitchpoled T off Cape Rodney once. I hope they are ok and the boat too.

This is not good for the multi fleet, this shows the incompetence that some people have, wtf was he thinking leaving in a south east blow. Could be some cheap boats up for tender in the next little while.

This is not good for the multi fleet, this shows the incompetence that some people have, wtf was he thinking leaving in a south east blow. Could be some cheap boats up for tender in the next little while.

What shame I like that boat especially when its flying down the harbour after TVS. I was out sailing yesterday around Kawau and it was a lot of fun in the South East blow and a nice rough chop. hope everybody's alright.

Been a arse of a week for yellow multis by the looks.

Hope everyone's OK. Bastard timing for sure, hope they get into shelter before the weather totally turns to crap.

What ever the circumstances what an absolute shame.

I am bloody sick of twats on this website spouting off about others misfortunes without a single shred of evidence or even an inkling of what may have happened. Some of you need to pull your f--n heads in, big time !

I heard rsports that Tigre has lost its rig and a few sails and its front beams is broken beyond repair.

I hope Clive is alright and that the boat will be easily repaired and sailing again soon.

What ever the circumstances what an absolute shame.

I am bloody sick of twats on this website spouting off about others misfortunes without a single shred of evidence or even an inkling of what may have happened. Some of you need to pull your f--n heads in, big time !

I heard rsports that Tigre has lost its rig and a few sails and its front beams is broken beyond repair.

I hope Clive is alright and that the boat will be easily repaired and sailing again soon.

Think Clive is a regular here, am sure he will fill us in and give insite.

But if as reported solo BOI-Auck in a 8.5, forcast 35/25/135 seems poor option taking.

Heard there were crew issues neccesitating solo return?

Is this not the forum to discuss and suggest better options which may pre-empt repeat occurances and perpetuation of the poor multi image?

last i saw it had just been flipped back onto its feet. top of rig smashed, front beam broken, broken tiller. tramps had been cut/torn. pumped it out. he looked wet and less than amused.

c**t of a thing to happen.

Well I’m back in Auckland.

A huge thanks to all those who helped me and gave me their support.

Special thanks to JK and Megan, Ryan, Jason, Kent, Bob and Greer. JK you are a star mate and without you Tigre would not have been saved.

I am really sorry to all those who my actions affected.

To answer a few questions:

The capsize happened about 3/4 miles west of Maunganui Bay, I was wearing a lifejacket and a drysuit. My EPRB, VHF, Flares were all to hand via the emergency hatch. The call went out at 06:58 about 1 minute after I went over. I was picked up at about 08:45

I will fill everyone in as to what happened at a club night.

Clive.

You're sorry? Clive, I don't know you, just your boat from it's time at the WBC. But I don't think you need to be sorry. Some ill worded comments from antagonistic individuals people is hardly your fault. I feel I should apologise to you for my comments which with the benefit of hindsight looks bad - so I'm sorry about my poorly worded comment. Tigre is a beautiful boat, I'm glad you're ok and I hope she comes back together ok.

Thanks mate but I am sorry. I was warned not to go out and I was arrogant enough and confident enough to go. The boat is really good in big seas. What let me down was an error in multihull sailing. She would not have gone over had I been on the ball.

What I had not given much consideration to was what it takes to rescue someone and all that goes on after. I should not have been out there on my own.

Well I’m back in Auckland.

A huge thanks to all those who helped me and gave me their support.

Special thanks to JK and Megan, Ryan, Jason, Kent, Bob and Greer. JK you are a star mate and without you Tigre would not have been saved.

To answer a few questions:

The capsize happened about 3/4 miles west of Maunganui Bay, I was wearing a lifejacket and a drysuit. My EPRB, VHF, Flares were all to hand via the emergency hatch. The call went out at 06:58 about 1 minute after I went over. I was picked up at about 08:45

I will fill everyone in as to what happened at a club night.

Clive.

Glad to hear your alright and back Clive. If you need a hand with the boat let me know as ive got far to much spear time in February.

Glad to hear your alright and back Clive. If you need a hand with the boat let me know as ive got far to much spear time in February.

Hey thanks to all for the offers of support. As soon as I know where I stand I'll get things underway

Archived