Auckland Visitors Berth

Does anyone know if there are any short term visitors berths in central Auckland? Coming up from Tauranga and intend meeting a friend flying up from S.I. who will catch the bus in from airport. Ideally would like to pick them up without the hassle of renting a berth for the night. Boat is a 12m Launch.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ray

We always go to the fuel dock at orakei marina. The gate is always open.  Or was when I was last using it a couple of seasons ago. It's not very busy and we've sometimes stayed a couple of hours while changing crew. 

There's also public parking on part if the car park as it is owned by council. Still get the security as the Marina owners.

I have just booked a night in the Viaduct so I asked them about the visitors berth and this was their reply:

"The visitor berth is available for a maximum of 2 hours at a time and is free to use. We don’t take bookings for this; you just need to radio VHF73 on your arrival to the marina and they can advise if it is vacant. Our visitor berth is located next to the tidal steps underneath the Wynyard Crossing lifting bridge on your right-hand side. You’re welcome to use it 😊"

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Lindsay said:

Viaduct harbour beside the tidal steps. Depending on vessel height you may need to call on vhf to get them to open the bridge. 

The bridge is broken at the moment. It is permanently open. So no need to call.

• Haha 1