Quarter Ton Reunion regatta this weekend

Quarterback

Well done to Jamie on an taking a gun! The boat was smoking on the last work in conditions that qp usually puts time on all the 727s. I'm worried about the future!

Bloody sure I heard more than just that one boat expressing glee at them getting that gun :) :)

Can knock BF though. She's looking very hot and was sailed damn well so was a step ahead of the rest of the fleet all weekend. Whoever it was has done a magnificent rebuild. I suspected she'd be the one to beat but was sort of hoping Team BF wasn't quite as flash as they turned out to be. The weapon is back!!!

Was great to see the 727's bashing it out and looking good while they did it. Some good looking boats there team, nice work. Good to see they were all pretty close and mixing it up amongst themselves.

OK so anyone want to tell us why Freaky put it's mast in the water during that last race? I think it was Freaky but knot super sure as all we could see for a while was antifouling and a keel, definitely look like a 'Oh Faaaaarrrrrkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!' moment of the 1st order.

SJ had one of 'those' days today, well off the boil, except for the front 2 obviously. Up the Brotherhood :thumbup:

Lost the headsail halyard in R2, used spin halyard for R3 and does that puppy stretch... Oh yes it does.

But it was a fun day. Big Ups to John and Panmure for putting in the effort and to BF for coming up to play.

nathan i didnt hear you yell once. had enough trouble staying on the boats through the tacks when the sheet wasnt cut. getting good at dangling from a horozontal rig with my legs in the water.

knot me, was it you pulling funny faces at me on Quarter Pint?

To all you sailors thanks for staying with us on the water a bit wet on Sat. and a bag full of wind Sun. 5 guns to BF 1 gun to Quick Nic

All six races sailed all be it in the top end of 20kts during the last race, Results are on the pybc.org website under downloads with the line and HCP points todate, will cut and paste them later in the day and post them up.

Will try to piece together the vidio footage and upload along with the stills.

But today I have to finish a 930 mast and get it north.

Casual entries for this weekend 2 handed close Tuesday night the good boats have sent there entries in, Animal Farm. Cool change

B & grind, Elligator, Tern, River Rebel, just to mention a few plus many of the 1/4 ton fleet, and the PYBC members Briefing for the 2 handed 7pm Thurdsay 10th

U could have climbed the rig?
Calls for a volunteer went unanswered, everyone suddenly became the fat and heaviest bastard aboard :) :)
Or next time buy better string for kite halyard, I hear sj may have sources fir such? Or like us, have such old halyards there's no more stretch!

Or don't lose the right one, vectran, in the 1st place ;)

knot me, was it you pulling funny faces at me on Quarter Pint?
I was pulling faces at everyone so highly likely. I do believe we may have swapped one of those 'what are the dicks in the cockpit up to now??' faces, a Brotherhood face one could say. Knot that we would every have the cheek to question our cockpit team would we....... :wink:

Hi all

Here's Blackfun in the shed safe n sound this morning.

If anyone wants to have a quick look at her in the next few weeks, drop into Boatspray and see Craig or Simon.

Cheers

BF002.JPG

BF003.JPG

BF001.JPG

Well done to Jamie on an taking a gun! The boat was smoking on the last work in conditions that qp usually puts time on all the 727s. I'm worried about the future!

Thanks Nathan! I owe a big thanks to Grant, Damon and Colin though.. all I did was tried not to fall off (was very close on several occasions). Really pleased that Quick Nik seems to have potential though. Looking forward to getting that new #1 and hopefully being a bit better in the light.

Great to have such close racing amongst the 727s, especially yesterday. Loved some of those downhill rides too!

:D

Hoo-Har! Chalk one up for the Welly boats eh? Well done Bretto and the team!

Panmure Yacht & Boating Club

Q T Line

Series ID:47

Results based on Elapsed time.

Races this series: 6 Series completed, no discards.

Low Point scoring system, ISAF Rule A9 applies

Fleet race, 10 entries

Race 1 2 3 4 5 6 Points Place

3311 Davidson 1/4 ton Black Fun 1 1 1 1 1 2 7 1

5280 Farr 727 Mumbo Jumbo 2 3 3 4 2 7 21 2

3650 Whiting 1/4 ton Smokey Joe 4 4 2 2 5 4 21 3

2577 727 Quarter Pint 3 2 6 5 3 3 22 4

5732 Whiting 1/4 ton Infiltrator 8 6 5 3 4 6 32 5

3312 Farr 727 Quick Nik 7 8 7 6 6 1 35 6

2460 Farr 727 Overdraft 5 5 4 7 7 dnc 39 7

2768 727 Freaky 6 7 8 8 8 5 42 8

6549 1/4 ton Rebel Yell 10 9 9 9 dnc dnc 59 9

3949 Harmonic 1/4 ton Tambourine 9 10 10 dnf dnc dnc 62 10

Hi all

Here's Blackfun in the shed safe n sound this morning.

If anyone wants to have a quick look at her in the next few weeks, drop into Boatspray and see Craig or Simon.

Cheers

Stunning! Looks almost like a scaled down V5 AC boat with that long fair overhanging transom and rudder well forward.

That keel is interesting to see. I was quite intrigued by just how much she wasn't pitching around like the rest of us, she was a lot more settled going thru the water.

Lost the edit button again.

So who's going to spill their guts about that 727 who pulled the crazy Ivan that had them dipping their spreaders in the wet stuff??

Guest Rocket

As I understand it the keel was stuffed up the existing centercase and pinned - a modern foil will have made a huge difference - remember BF originally had all internal ballast and back in the day when we sailed her the four of us were all skinny little 470 sailors - probably 65kg wringing wet each. She would have been much faster with a bunch of fat bastards (like me now...) The guys say they can sal with 6 and there is no weigh in - I would be loading her with rail blubber....

Quarter ton 2nd weekend to in conjuction with the 2 handed 3 legged series all boats including 1/4 tonners 2 handed Briefing Thursday evening 1900 hrs at PYBC

Note Dinghy or Life raft eqipment Cat 4 plus rails and stanchions.

Full PYBC hand books available at Panmure or at the briefing

see the attached course sheet

Sailing 2 handed course.jpg

Archived