Quarter Ton Reunion regatta this weekend

Quarterback

Back in Wellington now after a great weekend.

Firstly, I must thanks John and Panmure. They did a great job putting the event on and I hope that it will grow. I know that John worked hard to get boats out of the woodwork.

We are very pleased to have come up and sailed the regatta. It was nice not being rolled by 88s and 1020s.

The 727s were always tight together on the course and they sailed well. Crew work was sharp and the pace of Quik nik up that last beat took us by surprise.

As for our keel, we can't believe that she goes upwind like she does with so little foil. Laurie does know what he is doing and the shallow draft is an IRC thing. Also helpful in the Tamaki River is seems.

We did have a great crew for the weekend and our guests on board were awesome. It turns out that Stu is a born and bred Pammy boy.

We have enlisted a couple of OK sailors for the QTC in Cowes.

On the 25th March she gets loaded into a container and will head off.

The first two regatta are in Ireland in June, with the QTC to be held in July.

We must thank a few people that have seen enough potential in what we are doing to support us.

Hamish at Burnard International has organised the container and made the arrangements for the import of the boat into the UK.

Mike Rees cast our bulb and it is hot.

Nautilus Braids in Christchurch have helped us out with all the ropes on board. Tapered sheets are really cool.

Al at Contender sailcloth is supplying cloth for a chicken chute. We should have had it done for last Sunday!

Doyles have looked after us with some great Stratis membrane sails.

Roy Dickson is never short of advice. He has seen it all before.

Laurie Davidson has enthusiastically worked on the redesign and knows every detail.

Cheers

Brett Linton

and some more......

Jesus thats scarey... Two Quarter tonners on the burst side by side... Who wiped out first?

I think in that one it's Infiltrator but the chances are very high SJ would have been next then them, then us, them them, then us .........

We took turns..... and a fair few turns each there was :) :)

Guest Rocket

Yeah looking at them up close 30 years later the IOR rating bumps were pretty huge coupled with some pretty ugly IOR creases/tucks just in front of the rudder no wonder they were a handful. Then make them seriously tippy and wahoooo

Bit like P class if you can keep them straight downwind in a breeze you must be quite good.

Funny how adding a bit of deck at the stern and filling in the tucks (plus a mint paint job) makes Blackfun look quite modern - bet she still bends though...

I had to hop on a plane to Welly first thing Monday so just checking out things now.

Otto- You lying B*strd. You forgot the rum on Sunday- which made for a dry argument on the way home! given I too forgot to bring more!

I'm with KM on the string problem........The right one worked fine.

Apparently I need to pay more danger Money to the front of the boat so they will collect the minor stringy things that get lost up the mast.

And I thought Rum was meant to fix all things!

Fantastic weekend had....Challenging Saturday in a moderate breeze and At times F all visibility.

Sunday- Lots of breeze.

We had challenge of pulling it all together with a crew that hadn't really sailed the boat for a long time....and a skipper who's not driven much since the U26 Winter series!

Big Ups to John and Karl and everyone at the PYBC for a great series so far.

I'd have loved to have had a Chicken Shoot....We had a new Fractional kite for the weekend...however it was ENORMOUS.... with the wind as it was we decided we were going to be faster to keep 2 sailing. Which seemed to work in the stong breeze. We struggled to pull it all together smoothly.

So something smaller is on the menu for future racing.

Anyway- MORE!

Would be great to see more 1/4 tonners get together for more of this mixed up racing.

It was great to see and I think we all learnt alot more.

The competition after Black fun was high, and I think on the whole everyone sailed a pretty clean regatta...other than a couple of minor incidence reading the past couple of pages.

:clap: :clap:

Toles

And Knot Me a few points ahead of PaulR.

Take that big fella :lol: :lol:

Thats only because we had to work harder on our handicap in the first 2 races so we could show constant improvement :think:

:crazy: reaches for a rum . . . but we missed out.

Yes well done John & PYBC.

BTW my arms are still sore from all the mainsail trimming and race 2, as in photo, shows us very close, even closer with perhaps 150 to 200mm difference at the finish.

Black Fun held on to 1st overall line results as the 2 handed races only carried .33 points per race

Mumbo Jumbo topped the Hcp points from Quick Nic 2nd and Smokey Joe 3rd

The points tables are on the web sit at pybc.org.nz downloads

THE SERIES WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR NEXT YEAR AGIAN.

Also a 1/2 ton class will be included so I would like to hear from Whiting 30 (Newspapper Taxi) boats Farr 30 ( Major Tom style 9.2 shape like a 1104 ) there were many H displayment 1/2 ton boats Cav 32, Easterlys, so 2 div's may be required

Archived