Quarter Ton Reunion regatta this weekend

Quarterback

9 registered to date Late entries can be made now late fee waived till Thursday

Briefing This Friday 1900 hrs if you have not downloaded at set of the DRAFT instructions call me on 5793923 or john@sparloft.co.nz and I will E Mail them.

Crew party ex onwers and sailors or current owners even if you are not racing most welcome.

Saturday 1800hrs Cash Bar and Dining

Blackfun is all ready to go. Stick went in today and we are doing the Bucks rum race on Friday.

Looking forward to a great weekend.

Very busy week, will get Quarter Entry in tomorrow!

Quarter Pint, Smokey Joe and Infiltrator had very close racing on Wed Richmond Race with Infiltrator fast with measthead kite.. too bad they cant use on the weekend!

look forward to it...

Hopefully we have a couple of photographers on the course! Maybe Will might make a showing...

Smokey is parked up at the club ready go. Freaky (727) was looking good last night with flash new looking sails!

11 yachts have registered for this weekend's 6 olympic courses off Mutokerea Beacon

1st race 1030 start

Do not forget the reunion afternoon This Sat 5th all welcome at PYBC. starts at 6pm but clubhouse open from 4pm cash bar and dining room ex crew, ex owners, or just interested in 1/4 ton

Two handed Three legged race next Friday 11th beach party on Sat at north cove

entires close on Tuesday 8th

Gees seems to be getting serious, skipper told me nothing on board except what i was wearing hope it's sh*t weather cause i'm wearing heaps KM told me my weight jackets legal, 2ltrs Rum and before you say it when you hit the water it's alcolol so it floats

Notice to all sailors in todays racing

Please ph the PYBC Office before leaving the dock

PH 5702318 ex 0 or my cell 0274449777

from 0700hrs Sat

If it continues like it is, may change all races to Sunday

Reunion social still on this afternoon 1800 but house open from 4pm come early if you wish

Jb

hard day 3 up on quarter pint. black fun goes like a sh*t off a shovel.

at the mo i think it is

black fun... 1,1,1

mumbo jumbo 2,3,3

quarter pint 3,2,6

smokey joe 5,4,2

or something like that, too many numbers i loose count.

at the half way point on line

BF 1 1 1 3

MJ 2 3 3 8

QP 3 2 4 11

SJ 5 4 2 11

OD 4 5 4 13

Inf 8 6 5 19

Fre 6 7 8 21

QN 7 8 7 22

RY 10 9 9 28

Tam 9 10 10 29

and at the moment i think black fun has handicap too. that cant be right is it?

there was a few cameras around and its close racing at times in the reasonably priced boats. long races at about an hour each though. and a good thing is there was a boat anchored at each mark so we could see a bigger target. on a bleak, overcast, wet day its hard to see a big orange buoy from a distance.

From what i could see Black fun continued her winning ways, bodes well for their World championship bid in the UK later this year!

Almost but not quite, we (BF) sheared the bolt holding on the rudder head during the first race today so taped the ends back in (no spares on board!) and put the kite away for the last two to take the pressure off the tiller.

One the plus side we got to try the boys' Code0 on the breezy reaches (glamour) and down the runs (not). Got away with it in R5 but not Race 6 where we struggled down the last run then went left then missed a big right hand shift up the last beat.

Well done to Quicknik 727 who got the bullet in the last race. They were storming up the last beat - looking fantastic.

The BF now has the mast out and will be lifted onto a cradle at HMB Marina in the morning - stored there for 3 weeks until the container arrives.

From what I could see Black Fun appeared to have about twice the sail area of the 727s, including a massive masthead kite. Was Roy on the helm?

No masthead kite. And no Roy. Actually under the BF "Rest and Rotation Policy" we had 5 different helmsmen in 6 races.

quarter pint had a mare. did ok in the 2nd race of today but the other 2 were shockers. royally rooted over in the finish area of the last race. boat tacks onto port on approach to windward finish after being told they had no water twice (us on starboard and laying the finish). we tack to avoid, tack back once clear and to avoid being run over by smokey joe....that took us from 3rd to 5th. the bottom mark rounding before that wasnt too great either with a kite that wouldnt come down. new mainsheet hand on the boat today to help with ballast who wasnt the greatest.

fell over a few times, could be some photos of that. had some glamour kite rides, could be photos.

but at the end of the day on our boat nothing broke, no ones dead and its still afloat.

black fun's kite is very big compared to a 727. must be over double the area. when we saw the code 0 we thought if we had our genniker on board.... but we were keeping in traditional trim.

Well done bf, well done John and all involved. Great weekend and some great racing.

Not making excuses, but we entered the weekend without our usual mainsheet and tell us which way to go man and thought we would have a nice relaxing weekend of sailing around. No stress, no yelling. The competitive bug and the weather today did not help, no voice left, can't help but want to do well.

New man to 727 did a great job on a steep learning curve on a hard day, hope he,s alive tomorrow! We have all fingers and toes, in spite of Emily being throw by main on gybe down into the bildges of the boat, which was good versus over the side as we were quite busy and didn't want to be short handed!

Well done to Jamie on an taking a gun! The boat was smoking on the last work in conditions that qp usually puts time on all the 727s. I'm worried about the future!

Archived