Another one bites the mud

Looking at the increasing complexity of insurance requirements, the impossibility of parking your boat anywhere without insurance, and the near impossibility of selling your boat if you haven't met all the insurance requirements - not to mention the near impossibility of selling your boat in the current market, even if it is in top shelf condition, I suspect there will be one or two owners that take the 'nasty accident' option to deal with their current floating liability.

PS, not saying or implying that has happened in these situations, I'm just saying the options for dealing with existing boats is becoming increasingly fraught.

• Upvote 1

When my first one sank the insurance company sent down a marine/insurance inspector.Who throughly examined all sea fitting.Sent the offending engine water intake valve to a metal fatigue inspection place and the result was .The fitting failed due to the composite make up of the valve, electrolysis, bonze hull fitting with a stainless steel tap and a copper tail. Basically disintegrated. So where insurance companies feel these concern they will throughly inspect. Mine was not obvious due to corroding from inside out. The yacht had a marine survey 6 months earlier on purchase.

The yacht at Panmure will only be 1 of many over the months yrs,its a grave yard for some die  then be brought cheap by our friend rudolf to on sell to another unsuspecting customer

• Upvote 1

yeah while I'm sure some might see this as a way out of their predicament, I'd fully expect insurance companies to be extremely prejudiced in their assesssment of such losses.

• Upvote 1

No I don't.Friend lives on his and he doesn't know whose it is either. Just asked friend for name if yacht/owner.He sent me the photo back in Feb 

• Like 1