Cleaning sails, who or how?

Just got back from 9 days sailing around the gulf with the filthiest sails this side of a Pirates of the Carribbean franchise.

Headsail UV strip is green like it's been rubbed with lawn clippings, and the main has brown stains from nesting wildlife.

What's the bet way to deal with this?  Is there a sail drycleaning service?  Do they iron them as well?

Or do I break out the wet n forget and spend the afternoon with a water blaster?

2 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

Just got back from 9 days sailing around the gulf with the filthiest sails this side of a Pirates of the Carribbean franchise.

Headsail UV strip is green like it's been rubbed with lawn clippings, and the main has brown stains from nesting wildlife.

What's the bet way to deal with this?  Is there a sail drycleaning service?  Do they iron them as well?

Or do I break out the wet n forget and spend the afternoon with a water blaster?

Use em more and let the sunlight/UV/dry air do the job for you naturally

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, LBD said:

Use em more and let the sunlight/UV/dry air do the job for you naturally

That would be great but, life.

Also, Clevedon River.  So nutrient rich, you can grow potatoes in the airspace over the water 

• Haha 3
16 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

That would be great but, life.

Also, Clevedon River.  So nutrient rich, you can grow potatoes in the airspace over the water 

Mine were fairly green also when I bought the boat from Bayswater.... but a year on with plenty of use around Nelson, sun and salt spray, they are looking nice and no green or red tinge to be seen.

• Like 1

As much as a pain it is.Being up a river,clevedon/tamiki. Use to take sails off if we knew wernt using the yacht for a month or so.We got a lot of black from the panmure bridge, tyre rubber??

• Like 1
On 16/05/2024 at 4:06 PM, ex Elly said:

Fill a wheelie bin with water and nappy san. Throw your sail in for a while!

I like that idea