Young 12

Battleship

Young 12's are to Ross 40's, what Young 88's are to Ross 930's.

I looked at buying a Y40 several years ago as a perforamce 40fter that was offshore capable.

All the feedback i got confirmed that they were a great allround boat capable of most things.

Great boats, but they were a bit overpriced was my thought at the time

I've heard that before but mostly from women Wha... Oh you mean my boat! You could get 3 or 4 Atom Ants for the price of a Young 12. Come for a sail - you'll be smitten.

I was thinking of selling our Cav36 Windarra that we have just done the RNI in, are looking for something less Cruisey and lighter displacement, our goals have changed alot since we first bought her, will be an emotional goodbye if/when we sell her.

p.s. I will put an official classified up in due course and it goes without saying if it sells through crew.org there will be a kickback to the 8 legged one

Wellington Start 2.jpg

If you can trade it is worth 12 months and 40k to you straight off.

The Y12 I am thinking of was built in Tga so you can get the inside skinny.

Plus it needs an update so you can drip feed time and $ as you are able.

It would be a good boat for outside the entrance. But you'd struggle to do get line inside without a big crew or big budget for sails and deck gear.

yeah, haven't had a response from the seller so he is probably not interested, not really looking for a wednesday night racer (quite happy sailing on Extreme) more looking for a boat for the coastal, AKL-TGA, RNI White Island etc.

You must be a vital member of the Extreme crew, as you would bring the average crew age to below 65 yrs !! But I bet you learn a thing or two !!?? Good to see you are contemplating moving out of lead mines..

Capture 2.JPG

Ha yes, the average age on Extreme has taken a real tumble, only 1 regular over 70 and there are a few under 60 now. Getting hard to beat the Blue boat this season tho must be all the newbies.

Extreme is going as fast now as the day it was born even with its alloy stick. The crew may be old but they are cunning and this counts for a lot in a yacht race. the new sqaure top main also helps precedings hahahaha

Archived