Winter Series

johnMi

And while im having the winge, whats with meltdowns handicap, is that a typo?

I had to beat him by 25min in the old GBE to get him on handicap! WTF

That must be a typo... Even creepy crawler is giving it time? The only boats lower than that are Hyper and Putiki, and its a new 8.5 Tri? :shock:

Time for samin to hurry up and get his in the water if thats the base handicap we are going to win some trophies in that first year :-P

Meltdown, Just guessing that the RaceTrack history from Weiti twilights was used.

Of course I wouldn't speculate on what they were doing, but when they're only beating Ross 830s over the line by a few minutes and Birdsall 34s by a few minutes more, well whatever it was they were doing, it wasn't fast.

The contrary view I'm sure held by the Weiti people is that the ditch dwellers should count themselves lucky the rest of the Weiti fleet isn't racing in the ditch because if they were, those Birdsalls and 830s would be giving B div a severe kicking.

Now for the record there are 2 Motukorea Bouys

Incorrect, there is a Motukorea Beacon, and a Motukorea Bouy (which is over by Rangi)

And while im having the winge, whats with meltdowns handicap

I think you will find relativity restored by the next race.

R.

Guest mental outlook

Come on... there is a 8.5 tri out there and the JT 8.5 cats to give you a yard stick on where they should actually be.

Guest mental outlook

Rockfield, Motukorea Buoy is NOT by Rangi, only the Squadron think it is there and are calling Illiomana Buoy Motukora Buoy. I have been in touch with the Harbour Master and have the names and coordinates of all the new buoys. They have 'had one' and labelled it wrong in their book. The yare removing the posts in the near future. Here is what I received from Brenda Orr...

Hi Chris

Below is the positions of new racing buoys within the Auckland region

Gulf Harbour 36 38.760, 174 47.300

Sergeant Channel 36 49.300, 174 57.400

Torbay 36 42.500, 174 47.300

Rocky Bay 36 49.980, 175 03.300

Motu Korea 36 49.800, 174 52.000

Illiomana 36 48.700, 174 52.620

All buoys are the large yellow plastic with radar reflectors and lights. Currently the light on the Illiomana Buoy is not working correctly and will be replaced hopefully next week.

Regards

Brenda

I looked everywhere and there is no reference anywhere that the Multis are doing A division course.

It said for the Wednesday series to do "A div" course but no where does it say that for Winter series.

yes I agree, there has been no ammendment to say we are doing A, so correctly we should be doing M course.

the fact that the motukorea mark isn't on the downloadable chart off the RNZYS website is a shocker though. The chart that does have it is the older chart that is only in the handbook.

I would have thought that this should be rectified.

anyone that didn't know about this little debarcle would do the same thing again, as the information published is still as confusing as it was last weekend........why would I go to the handbook to check the course ?

yes, technically if you read the sailing instructions this is where the harbour marks chart is, but in reality its downloaded off the web, laminated, and stuck on the boat. Or the one that is available as a sticker is used. ......why cant you download the other chart as well if they are both required ?

absolute communication debarcle.

held by the Weiti people is that the ditch dwellers should count themselves lucky the rest of the Weiti fleet isn't racing in the ditch because if they were, those Birdsalls and 830s would be giving B div a severe kicking.

Couldn't have put it better myself! :lol:

By the way what's wrong with Meltdowns handicap? We're comfortable with it! :wink:

It is certainly crazy that the RNZYS calls a buoy named Illomana, located near Illomana beacon, Motokorea, when there is a buoy already called that.

Course 18 will be a nonsense soon anyway as there won't be a Motokorea Beacon to go around.

Hopefully the RNZYS will put out an amendment to clarify, the info posted by k88 from the Harbourmaster is pretty conclusive.

I was at the boat owners meeting last night at the club and the courses using Motokorea will now not be used.

There was an issue with the time of print with the handbook and the harbour master laying new marks.

Regarding handicaps, one very good point was made last night is that we need to feed information back to the handicappers.

Example if I head off to the wrong mark and have a shocker then if the handicapper knows this he will not change things but if he doesn't what is he supposed to do?

Crystal balls are not very productive. :D

Seeing that only Josh turned up at the protest meeting could the lack of communication lie with us?

The designated multi handicapper didnt turn up last race so we had to use Racetrack for the handicaps.

Obviously Attitude was way too high for a start....

Obviously Attitude was way too high for a start....

True, but you should have known that, you've been paying me to keep the rankings of selected boats high for years

Archived