Winter Series

johnMi

I see we are doing the A div courses for this series.

I noticed that there seems to be an error with the multihull schedule of races-

I have told the race committee so hopefully they change it, im guessing that race days 2 and 6 are windward lewards?

5. SCHEDULE OF RACES

5.1(a) Racing schedule

Race day One 30th April 2011 Race day Six 9th July 2011

Race day Two 14th May 2011 Race day Seven 23rd July 2011

Race day Three 28th May 2011 Race day Eight 6th August 2011

Race day Four 11th June 2011 Race day Nine 20th August 2011

Race day Five 25th June 2011 Race day Ten 3rd September 2011

5.1(B) Divisions A, B, C, E, P & S - All race days – Harbour Course Westhaven

Division Q & R (Young 88’s & Elliott 7’s)

Race days One, Three, Five, Seven, Nine & Ten – Harbour Courses Westhaven

Race days Two, Four, Six & Eight - Windward/Leewards in the Northern Leading Area.

Divisions M (Multihulls)

Race days One, Three, Four, Five, Seven, Eight, Nine & Ten – Harbour Course Westhaven

Race days Three & Seven – Windward/Leewards in the Northern Leading Area

Guest mental outlook

So is there any outcome after last weeks course debacle? Are we meant to be doing A or M division courses?

And can anybody confirm that the buoy by Illiomana (excuse the spelling) is now called 'Motukorea Buoy' or is that a misprint in the Squadron book? Seems like a shocking idea to call a buoy 'Motukorea Buoy' when it is nowhere near Motukorea Beacon but where the Illiomana Beacon is.

If it is called that what is the buoy beside Motukorea Beacon called?

Yes this will be interesting. Bucks beach is using that one off Motokorea as Motokorea bouy. And the word is that the Stick is getting removed soon as it is no longer in service and the bouy will get shifted ontop of where the stick used to be... Logic would call that Motokorea?

Logic has no place in this Chris.

The new Yellow harbour mark at illomana is called Motokorea Buoy.

The Beacon at Motokorea is to be removed.

The Buoy on Top of the Old Beacon is going to be called "Ralph"

Yes, I was the only one to turn up to the protest on monday other than Hans (epsom)and steve(hyper).

So its a DSQ for everyone except those 2 boats.

Now for the record there are 2 Motukorea Bouys, the new one by the pole and the one that the squaddy (and only the squaddy) calls motukorea which according to the harbourmasters is actually illomoana bouy....

So its a debarcle eitherway, first for the A/M div course (probably my fault) then the double up on motukorea bouy.

So when the squaddy talks about motukorea bouy think of illomoana untill there is some kind of amendment about it.

I pushed for the whole race to be canned as its just a shitfight but really i didnt have much to back up my case as the squaddy handbook does actually have the motukorea bouy position in another chart as being up by illomoana. Note this chart is ONLY in the handbook and NOT the regular harbour racing bouys chart that everyone has and that you can download right next to the sailing instructions and course sheet on the website. so unless you had the handbook right there then there is no where else to find the position of the so called 'motukorea' (illomoana) bouy.

The protest committee were great and understanding and the end of the day, Hans was right and we were wrong, its that simple and i respect him for going ahead with the protest.

And for the record, for those who didnt bother turning up for the protest cant have a winge now!

And while im having the winge, whats with meltdowns handicap, is that a typo?

I had to beat him by 25min in the old GBE to get him on handicap! WTF

And for the record, for those who didnt bother turning up for the protest cant have a winge now!

I agree. I think the result is fine, it makes perfect sense and I fully congratulate the people that came to the conclusion that the race shouldn't have been thrown out.

I didn't turn up to the protest as I knew there would be no point, as essentially we would be questioning the accuracy of the information published by the RNZYS our premier yacht club. And we all know that they are perfect so it would have been a one way debate....or is that one way debarcle ?

( I may have a previous chip on my shoulder as well)

well done Hans and Steve you were the winners ! and I agree on the published information you were correct !

see you saturday with extra squadron handbook on board for use when we ever see mention of motukorea......... what a joke.

So its a DSQ for everyone except those 2 boats.

Not quite....

Putiki Express was not informed of the protest, so was not disqualified.

Don't worry, your protest is coming, I made sure the protest pannel lodged a protest against you with the facts found in the protest against all of us, so you will be dsq too. Unless you claim you went around that mark but you didn't so you actually didn't even do the course- so no result for you.

Only 2 boats will get a placing in that race.

I know, (just winding ya'll up)

As I didn't do the full course, and some did, and the others that didn't were disqualified, it's only fair that I retire.

Otherwise I would have won unfairly should I win the protest lodged against me. :twisted:

I believe Pussy Galore went thru this with another boat a few years back... suprised its still ocurring.

I thought about it during race but that was about it.

Anyone off PG remember what happened?

Guest mental outlook

So M division is doing M division course, and Illiomana is Motukorea.

If they don't put an amendment out to change that to what 'every' other yacht club is calling it, and the harbour master, they are having one, big-time!

The fact that they can't come out and say "we've had one" goes to show that they are 'having another one'. :lol:

So M division is doing M division course, and Illiomana is Motukorea.

If they don't put an amendment out to change that to what 'every' other yacht club is calling it, and the harbour master, they are having one, big-time!

The fact that they can't come out and say "we've had one" goes to show that they are 'having another one'. :lol:

I looked everywhere and there is no reference anywhere that the Multis are doing A division course.

It said for the Wednesday series to do "A div" course but no where does it say that for Winter series.

Can only assume some have jumped to wrong conclusion.

Surely with the unlimited daylight we want to do "M" courses, they are a little longer and some are way more fun!

Archived