The ideal Dinghy

BvanVugt

Just don't dismiss the 3.7.

can get on to the water quite cheaply (I did it at$500, 5 yrs ago), see how you like it, built up the gear and do a few races, then you can built up the skiffing skills and decide which one fits after trying them all.

Whoops Jordan my mistake

Im not over looking the 3.7 as such, just figure with the laser ill always be able to sail in a decent fleet, probably need to brush up on the dinghy basics before moving into a skiff, and a laser will be alot easier to sell if i decide what i decided a few years back, and just stick to keelboats.

have to vote for the Jolly Boat too, 95 -110 kg is competitive, great bunch of guys too. Fleets at Maraetai, French Bay, Torbay, half doz at Waiheke - Waz in Hastings is building two for racing at Napier. Gordon Dyer put a retractable prod & gennaker on his as an experiment & suggested to the class a another division to attract the younger sailors & still be affordable, build at home etc. It didn't come off at the time but the idea is still simmering

95-110kg :lol: :lol: :lol: It might take me a few years to get "competitive' then, currently being only 65 :D

prefect for a PT. :thumbup:

Perfect for a 3.7 too. :thumbup:

And you'll learn a heck of a lot more sailing a 3.7 or a PT than you will sailing a laser. Especially if you want to go into skiffs etc. the Laser just doesn't tick enough boxes.

Archived