Where are all the small cats sailing?

Matty

There must be a lot of beach cats gathering dust (or leaves) on the North Shore. I don't know of much sailing going on other than Takapuna Hobies. I usually take my Maricat down to Castor Bay for a sail. But you probably want something faster to line up against.

It is only half painted at the moment so I won't be ready but it would be awesome to get a few different designs and see how they go against eachother.

cougar cat

hobie

pt

maricat

wild cat

tiger sharks

tornado

nacra

prindle

a class

or own designs.

is there any regatta run by a club that has done this?

THe hoby sailing club last season had a Tornado, some A-Class and possibly even a PT sailing there.

Easy to launch and the bars right there.

where are you all sailing?

Hey Matty,

It's a bit sparse... Did the 4 corners race a few years ago and the Hobies used to get together on a Sunday... Kai Iwi lakes guys have quite a few PT's but it's a bit of a trek... The A's have gone home for the winter it would seem...

We'll have to organise our own events...

Hey Marty bring it down 2 Tga we have the raid coming up in march 012 or on 5 and 6th nov race around three Auckland islands race on f18. And Ts I'm bring coldplay up can't do kawau raid on 12 and 13 nov, could leave coldplay in Auckland for phill max and crew 2 do race , if he back in town , be cool 2 catch up , ps tell bill lots of room here 4 u guys

Clarks Beach Yacht club has sailing this Sunday starting at 11.30pm

We have currently sailing a nice fleet of windrush 14's, Hobie 14's Hobie 16, Mari Cat and the odd PT.

All are welcome.

Clarks beach is approx 20mins for the Papakura off ramp.

Cheers

Archived