New shiny red boat just turned up at Pier 21

Murky

Its hard to tell from the photos, but the foils are much deeper (taller) than they look. I went and had a look. The rudder must be 1.8 to 2m from the hull. The keel is deep as well.

I know high aspect ratio foils are fast, but even with the height of the rudder, it appears to have minimal surface area, very low drag but also very small surface area. The cord length down the bottom is very short, i.e. near the tip its almost a hand width (across the knuckles) wide.

Has a whacking huge four blade prop, looks like a dinner plate, but bigger! Shouldn't affect speed much though, the shaft and prop are all on a folding dubary to get the lot out of the way.

All in all a very sexy boat, damn near messed my pants again :oops:

What is the first sign in handling of a rudder that doesn't have enough surface area? rudder stall leading to wipeouts? or just rudder stall leading to small rudder angles leading to slow turning?

Hey! from the Home Page you are directing us here, and from here to the home page..... are you trying to create an infinite loop? if it wasnt cos my clicking finger got tired I would be going back and forth forever :P

Archived