New shiny red boat just turned up at Pier 21

Murky

Currently still on the back of the truck. Looks maybe 45, fixed keel and fixed prod, cunning system for retracting the prop like the General Lee had, and did I mention red and shiny?

Ray Haslar's new project maybe?

With apologies for the delay (had to stop and earn some money) and for the averageness of these shots (drowned my phone last weekend, still getting used to the new one). Excuses excuses... :roll:

Pic_0616_004.jpg

Pic_0616_005.jpg

Reichel Pugh design ain't it? Is it fixed keel or one of their tricky CBTF designs.

CBTF = canting ballast twin foil... the trick bit is that the for'ard foil is also a rudder. Its a cool idea but RP bought the technology off Schock and patented it so nobody else is allowed to use it now.

Is it fixed keel or one of their tricky CBTF designs.

CBTF = canting ballast twin foil... the trick bit is that the for'ard foil is also a rudder. Its a cool idea but RP bought the technology off Schock and patented it so nobody else is allowed to use it now.

Could easily be Fineline - I just made the assumption based on the fact that the keel (which you can just make out on the back of the truck in the foreground of that bottom shot) had a standard-looking top plate on it. But later I thought there could be some trickery involved in whatever kind of mechanism it is bolting on to.

Far better answer than I could have given floatsome - I just remember registering that the truck (probably "tractor unit" if I had a clue about heavy transport) came from Huntly and thinking that was a long way from either Christchurch or Auckland.

Probably swapped somewhere along the way though?

Better photos today, from a yard that seems to be otherwise dominated by SR26s.

Only the standard two dangly things beneath the waterline (remembering that the prop folds up). One of them is veeery very skinny though, for those of us used to a rectangle with one corner rounded off.

Reporting live from Pier 21, this is Murky for crew dot org dot nz

Rikki_230611_1.jpg

Rikki_230611_2.jpg

Rikki_230611_3.jpg

Archived