TVS in Aussie

Guest Rocket

Two of you guys hooning around will be awesome Paddy - when are you installing the big floaty thing on top of the mast "just in case"?

After looking at the Tri going over and considering the recent cat overturns. Has anyone used an inflatable device that can be quickly run up (across or down which ever is the case) on a halyard that is then inflated to stop the multi from going past 90 degrees, it might save alot of damage and assist in rescues.

Interested to know about the Hamilton Island side, to date didn't think there was any multi divisions. Had heard they're allowing a few charter multis to race with the cruising div but wouldn't have thought the Beneteau Oceanis, Sun Oddyseys etc that make up the bulk of that division would present too much of a challenge for TVS?

Not quite so sure on Bulls navigation with his comments on having to go north anyway so may as well tag along and shadow the fleet. Don't know that it's strictly necessary to go to Sydney to get to Queensland. Still, I'm sure it'll be fun smiling nicely at the CYCA aristocracy and point out that any publicity for the Gold Coast race is good pubglicity and really shouldn't they shout him and the crew the odd beer for the favour they're doing them.

Interested to know about the Hamilton Island side, to date didn't think there was any multi divisions. Had heard they're allowing a few charter multis to race with the cruising div but wouldn't have thought the Beneteau Oceanis, Sun Oddyseys etc that make up the bulk of that division would present too much of a challenge for TVS?

Super yacht division looks better?

Wild Oats XI and Investec Loyal.

Would be really good if Sean Langman got there as well.

In any case you are really racing the clock if you are not in a one design class...

Not quite so sure on Bulls navigation with his comments on having to go north anyway so may as well tag along and shadow the fleet. Don't know that it's strictly necessary to go to Sydney to get to Queensland. Still, I'm sure it'll be fun smiling nicely at the CYCA aristocracy and point out that any publicity for the Gold Coast race is good pubglicity and really shouldn't they shout him and the crew the odd beer for the favour they're doing them.

TVS is looking after some sponsor commitments in Sydney, while the boys also hope to get in some shopping.

I think Hamilton Is is North of Sydney?

Didn't know if they'd let you play with the super yachts, thought there may be the odd superyacht owner with a little influence at H.I. who wouldn't be so keen on the idea. Hope you get in though.

Shopping, hmm, well that's completely understandable then, surprised I didn't realise.

Have fun shop stirring, do that lot at CYCA good to be shop stirred a bit.

I was going to do hamo on the megayacht Janice of wyoming but they have just pulled the pin this week as there was no other megayachts to race, I think the only big boats will be loyal and oats. Its a shame no other megayachts entered.

Super yacht division looks better?

Wild Oats XI and Investec Loyal.

little bird tells me of a 3rd one. :shh:

Would be really good if Sean Langman got there as well.

In any case you are really racing the clock if you are not in a one design class...

TVS is looking after some sponsor commitments in Sydney, while the boys also hope to get in some shopping.

I think Hamilton Is is North of Sydney?

Archived