sunday weiti race

i'll upload the upwind videos soon, here's us bursting to 26.3kts. but we think the speedo paddle wheel might have been a bit clogged up so we may have been going a little quicker :thumbup:

flat running with a masthead genny on the fractional halyard wasnt perfect but it was still awesome fun. even had a little water spout come through the track while we were sailing home

26.3? you mean 16.3 surely... aint no 20's in that mate

Doesn't look muck like 26.3kts to me either... the only time I've been that fast there was so much white water coming over the boat I was fighting to not get washed right out the back.

Also, if you were going that fast you probably shouldn't be pissing around with a camera!

Yeah agree with Marshy, looks like you guys are having a nice ride but there is definitely no 20s in there, not even close. If you were doing over 20 in a 27footer then you would know about it and wouldn't be in the middle of the boat holding a camera.

I reckon you were looking at the windspeed not the boat speed.

Maybe next time don't talk it up so much and you might get positive comments.

This is just touching on 26kts in TP52, there is no way you were ever going this fast.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BooBooNZ#p/ ... dluPCoEzBA

We once got to 26.8kts in taeping and after a couple of handstands we decided that was enough. That was in the coastal that Alfa sailed in. That looks more like 12-14kts boat speed.

Better knot be getting well into the 20's, I'm racing them this weekend and that would be a worry.

Don't see 25 there either. Knot sure about 830's but 930's lift their bow the faster you go. After 15 you can often see the front of the keel and the water is spewing out the sides well behind the mast. Nice to know they don't go bow down, that would be a maximum sized wipeout just waiting to happen and from experience I'd say you wouldn't have to wait very long at all.

That another new bloody headsail on the foredeck??

haha it was 12.9 lads. but we all know every yachts speedo under reads by a few knots :wink: we didnt drop below 10 and the little squirt is at around 1:10, right when the bow starts lifting and throws the spray onto the deck.

that wasnt the point of uploading it? do you only upload pictures of your boat when its doing 25kts? we had an awesome day on the water and the videos we took while are out are quite good.

Yeah good stuff Jordan, I'm glad you can be bothered doing it - keep it up. You're definitely getting better. Bet you're glad the Offender wasn't out on Sunday or you may not have been able to turn your head fast enough to film us going past!

Hey how bout a vid of you working on your mini :?: :lol:

Doesn't attending muck like 26.3kts to me either... the alone time I've been that fast there was so abundant white baptize advancing over the baiter I was angry to not get done appropriate out the aback.

Archived