World series round 2

with no easy access to youtube, I have not been able to watch any of the AC45 racing. but last night i watched the day 2 race, with 3 capsizes, in HD, on a big TV. It was AWESOME. the legs are so short, and the action so much, it was like watching highlights of racing - there were no dull bits. Some of the tacks were very quick, and sometimes the boats stalled out, which surprised me. Also loved the bearaways at the top mark. Spithall in particulary not seeming to care or worry about nosediving, just sending it round hard and hanging on. Seemed to get away with more than some teams...

I didn't have the luxury of a big tv to watch it on but my 19" monitor did the trick. A lot of nay sayers said that the cats would harm the AC - well I wonder if those people are still holding on to their treasured out dated ideas.

ETNZ and Oracle 4 were neck & neck and one flubbed tack at the top mark and the lead changed and never returned - much the same as the old lead mines. I don't know if match racing can ever be as spectacular as fleet racing in 25 knots in these cats but I was a whoopin & a hollerin whike watching it - just terrific! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I didn't have the luxury of a big tv to watch it on but my 19" monitor did the trick. A lot of nay sayers said that the cats would harm the AC - well I wonder if those people are still holding on to their treasured out dated ideas.

ETNZ and Oracle 4 were neck & neck and one flubbed tack at the top mark and the lead changed and never returned - much the same as the old lead mines. I don't know if match racing can ever be as spectacular as fleet racing in 25 knots in these cats but I was a whoopin & a hollerin whike watching it - just terrific! :thumbup: :thumbup:

G'day y'all. 'A-A' like you my 19" monitor does just fine. Great series. Easiest way to get great - live action for me is to type into any 'search engine' - americascup.com - & up pops heaps of alternatives to watch. These 45's are sure the 'ducks guts' Trust everyone will enjoy the series. I'm not getting much farm work done the next day. Ciao, james

Next race; Wed 14th - 1410 hrs - Plymouth time. enjoy mates.

A lot of nay sayers said that the cats would harm the AC - well I wonder if those people are still holding on to their treasured out dated ideas.
Like most we are having to wait until the AC happens to see how it will pan out. Knot all of us are blessed with your fortune telling gifts AA ;)

AA I'm not sure what the definition of success is:

7 challengers from 6 countries of which arguably only ETNZ and Artemis are serious competitors at the moment. Let's hope the level of competition increases over time.

AA I'm not sure what the definition of success is:

I'd say that was extremely close racing, without one boat winning every race and most importantly, only due to the AC mob talking it up so much, a massive audience of Gen Y's a X's that stay to watch all the races. Something that hasn't happened for a long while.... in monos or multis. Only another year and a bit we'll all find out.

Damn lucky it's knot being broadcast in 3D, as far as I know. All the multi guys would miss the action........ having only one eye as they do :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Damn lucky it's knot being broadcast in 3D, as far as I know. All the multi guys would miss the action........ having only one eye as they do :twisted: :lol: :lol:

I think you'll find multi guys have only 1 eye, as the other one was poked out by stuffed shirt mono sailors who live in the past. :D

:lol: :lol: I'd be a tad careful there Clipper. If the next AC is anything like the last, sailed in what we were and are still being told 'latest and greatest state of the art boats that will give the most exciting racing ever', someone's gonna have to bake the mother of all humble pies.

I really do hope they pull it off but at the same time I'm knot willing to book a seat at the potential table for the mother of all embarrassing feeds just yet.

Archived