volvo flexible shaft coupling

Kestrahl

I have a volvo coupling, have heard two stories of them failing now on volvo 2002's with the rubbers detaching. Thought about some preventive maintaince but found the rubbers are $91 each (and there is 6 of them). Rubber must be expensive in Sweden. Anyone else heard of horror stories with these?

I haven't heard of volvo ones specificaly, but flexi couplings do indeed fail eventually. And yes, the rubber inserts can be expensive for all of them. I would take the spider (that's the rubber part) to a local engineering supplier or a Bearing supplier and see if it is an off the shelf spider for starters. That may mean a significant price reduction.

There are two things that cause them to fail. The first is any misalignment which will cause abnormal wear and tear. The other is just normal wear and tear.

I have a volvo coupling, have heard two stories of them failing now on volvo 2002's with the rubbers detaching. Thought about some preventive maintaince but found the rubbers are $91 each (and there is 6 of them). Rubber must be expensive in Sweden. Anyone else heard of horror stories with these?

aren't you thinking about the rubbers in the prop on volvo saildrives, Kaimai flyer got rather perforated cause of one of those letting go

Ive just been shopping for some parts the mechanic needs to fix an issue I have with the VolvoPenta donk on my boat.

There are 12 small parts in total and the entire supply would fit inside a shoebox,

The prices I’ve received are as follows.

USA NZD$501 + gst and courier

UK NZD$399 + gst and courier

Aus NZD$828 + gst and courier

NZ NZD$951 + gst

From what I can gather from the customs dept, no duty is payable.

It might be worth letting your keyboard do the walking

Ive just been shopping for some parts the mechanic needs to fix an issue I have with the VolvoPenta donk on my boat.

There are 12 small parts in total and the entire supply would fit inside a shoebox,

The prices I’ve received are as follows.

USA NZD$501 + gst and courier

UK NZD$399 + gst and courier

Aus NZD$828 + gst and courier

NZ NZD$951 + gst

From what I can gather from the customs dept, no duty is payable.

It might be worth letting your keyboard do the walking

Bring it to Volpower's attention. They control the accredited NZ Volvo dealers. Marinepartsexpress is a good outfit to deal with if timing is not of concern. generally cheaper and very professional. They were extremely helpful when I was told by NZ that parts no longer exist for an old dunger we were trying to fix but after a bit of effort (not on my part) everything was found.

Volvo are just one to rip on spares I needed a water pump for your boat was a no servicable pump last time we brought one cost us $500 then they wanted $1400 2yrs later and yes it only lasted 2 yrs and that the life they give them with the hours we did. So yip let the fingers do the walking landed into NZ for $315 bolted it on all sweet as.

Came across a boat in Fiji with volvo and soft coupling. The owner made his own using rubber from car tyres. He swore they worked fine and he had a spare set ready in of failure between routine replacements.

Archived