Who else had a blast last night?

Mothership

Had a great swim just after Orakei buoy :shock: It was cold...

Big thanks to the guys off Atomic :D I'm very glad the committee voted in favour of picking me up :)

Woody

More details please...

We had a great run on the HnF, must have been pushing mid 20s at times.

Good jibe round Orakei buoy, rollowed by a great wipe out... :o

I ended up in the piss and became detached from my wire.

HnF slowly (although it's not that slowly when you're swiming after it) sailed away with the kite flogging a bit.

Before HnF got back to me the guys from Atomic had dropped their kite and pulled up along side. A great display of good sportsmanship and seamanship I reckon :) :clap:

Had a nice ride on Fineline. Thanks Hamish! :thumbup: :thumbup:

It was a good race to do and interesting to note how Hamish uses his Runners to steer the boat. :D :D

Also interesting for this Newbie to see how someone else handles a very mixed crew with a range of experience and many new to the boat.

Nice ride back with the Genny until the tack line went.. Thanks again!

Had a nice ride on Fineline. Thanks Hamish! :thumbup: :thumbup:

It was a good race to do and interesting to note how Hamish uses his Runners to steer the boat. :D :D

Also interesting for this Newbie to see how someone else handles a very mixed crew with a range of experience and many new to the boat.

Nice ride back with the Genny until the tack line went.. Thanks again!

Nice to meet you Smithy09

As I am also new to the crew I would describe it as nationally well represented :)

... interesting to note how Hamish uses his Runners to steer the boat. :D :D

Its a very advanced technique that requires exceptional coordination between the skipper and crewman on the runners. The challenge is getting the tiller extension caught in the the runner purchase at just the right moment. For some reason it can only be performed when its blowing more than 20kts and we have the kite up. :oops:

... interesting to note how Hamish uses his Runners to steer the boat. :D :D

Its a very advanced technique that requires exceptional coordination between the skipper and crewman on the runners. The challenge is getting the tiller extension caught in the the runner purchase at just the right moment. For some reason it can only be performed when its blowing more than 20kts and we have the kite up. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived