Who else had a blast last night?

Mothership

It was a bit choppy to Flax Point, but once we turned around had one of the best rides we've had all year! The new kite really proved it's worth last night :D

A pity we ran out of runway though - finish should've been at Westpark :wink:

Just a magic night of sailing.

I even saw Wired planing !

Very rewarding for us to be getting upwind in pretty nasty waves so well.The foils are just awesome its like the boat just pitches so much less.

Too bad about the rockwall at the end though !

Very rewarding for us to be getting upwind in pretty nasty waves so well.The foils are just awesome its like the boat just pitches so much less.

Much damage Tim?

We had a good ride on Fineline. We don't normally get surfs like that in the inner harbour! 14.2kts was our best effort before the tack line let go. It took us a little while to recover and get the genni back up for another blast to the finish. A bit more action than we normally get on a wednesday night.

Had a great ride back down the harbour after a damaging beat...managed to loose 5+ minutes after breaking sheets and cars. Funnilly enough made 95% of the time back up downwind!

We had a good ride on Fineline. We don't normally get surfs like that in the inner harbour! 14.2kts was our best effort before the tack line let go. It took us a little while to recover and get the genni back up for another blast to the finish. A bit more action than we normally get on a wednesday night.

My first foray to the foredeck in sooo many years and the tack line lets go approaching the bottom mark... That was knot on the brochure!

I wonder what excitement Fineline can dish up on the weekend.

Much damage Tim?

I think there are a few dead mussels but once the local iwi lift the Tapu we will be able to cook a few of them up.

The Road itself is hardly affected by the minor damage to the Seawall so I'm hoping Transit NZ will not make a big deal of the incident !

We had a lovely time on the Revolution. Only 4 up. Almost a mirror image of Saturday's race.

We even got a bullet instead of the 4th we should get. Always nice to see all the kevlar behind us.

The chop without too much breeze made the upwinds interesting.

What did I miss Tim?

It was my third race out this year, and more just like last night, thanks! The downhill slide is always better on the way home.

No idea what speeds we hit from Flax Point to Orakei, as the speedo wasn't working, and it starts lifting out at 20 knots anyway. It was one of those rides where we were approaching Orakei and the discussion was around whether it really mattered if we went on past the mark for a bit - really didn't want to drop the kite!

Saw This Way Up turn around and head back. Gear issues, or just too choppy too close to the Coastal to risk breaking things?

A nice start there too, Tim. You were looking to be at the sharp end of things last night, so a pity about the slight brush at the end.

Also; thanks to the guys on the other boats cheering us on as we went screaming past - it was as much fun as it looked :D

Yep sure was a great sail. However there are a few boats in C Division that need to brush up on their rules ! Some pretty dodgy stuff going on around the start and shortly after.

Once we got the mast out of the piss at Rangitoto the Truxton had a sweet ride to Orakei wharf.

Not as much fun as the breeze softened further down the harbour and we managed to ruin our race by wrapping our genni up on the last gybe to the finish.

Anyone get any pics last night, saw the squadron boat out there, did they get any snaps?

we were essentially 3 up on pahi. a few newbys to sit on the rail. took it easy, couldnt get the boat going up wind, went soft for the first kite ride. ah well

tirade had a good nudge at bottom trawling.

didnt have me camera truxton otherwise there would be some of ya nice wrap :thumbup: and saw thunder on the boost. looked good.

You couldn't get a Stewart 34 going upwind? Bugger.

Yep - we were having an awesome time - best slide in a long time. That sort of breeze around the other way for Coastal, thanks :thumbup:

A couple of new sails already, and more on the way, as a bowsprit is going on next week. Once we drop the short keel out and put the original back in, we'll be set.

We were definitely into the 20s for a good part of it - can't tell you exactly though as the speedo starts lifting out of the water around 20 knots, and I was too busy trimming the kite to get a good look at the GPS on my phone.

The mud hut doesn't like uphill much at all, but she's definitely good at what she was built for :)

Archived