I need just a little cheering up

wheels

Basically they have to replace it with something better. Not hard really as it was a shitty hedge. If they had asked I would have been quite happy to stump up half for a decent fence. that boundry is only 15m long.
A basic 3 wire fence is all that the law requires them to do. Maybe you chat and say go ya 1/2 in a proper one. Went thru it with the Housing Corp incident. But HC put up full wooden ones all at their (taxpayers) cost.
Spray something friendly on their lawn with roundup.

Nah, not roundup. That only kills what it touches. It wont keep the soil bare for months.

Atrazine/roustabout would be a far more appropriate solution, specially as if they catch you at it and try to wash it off, they only make it more effective.

So basically you're saying that Wheels should be spraying herbicide on this turkey's boat in the shape of a gigantic knob???

Not sure if that would be helpful. Might make Wheels feel better though.

Maybe he should train seagulls to crap on the neighbour's boat somehow .... leave fish guts and frames on it or something.

Well this has taken an interesting step. So in the Txt Exhange, he said I had paint marks on my duck board. I went out ot my boat yesterday and took a look on the Duck board. The Brass rub strip around the duckboard is a "D" shape. There is a slight gap between the brass strip and the teak it is screwed to. And there placed and I really do mean placed, was a scraping of paint sitting, and I do mean sitting, in the gap. It had been pysically slipped into the gap. No other marks anywhere. If the board had indeed come into contact whith his boat, it would have had scuff marks on the brass stipr and on the Teak board and the gap between is actually impossible to get out.

Then I motored over to his boat, careful not to touch it and took some photos of the dmamge on his. My duckboard is 4" above the water. His damage is about 600mm above the water.

So this guy is a complete plonker.

I will post photo's as soon as I can resize.

001 - Copy (5).jpg

003 - Copy (3).jpg

003 - Copy (4).jpg

Knowing the weight of your boat more or less, I think your duckboard would be smashed to bits, and more than likely his boat would have a hole in it ( its GRP? ) And there would be paint on the drive socket of that screw too.

Exactly. And marks all over the "D" section and duckboard. But apart from Sun bleaching, it's clean as a wistle. And there are black rub marks on his boat near the paint chips. My boat hasn't got anything that will leave black marks.

Today I heard from the owner of the other boat involved and I am really saddened. This boat is the Davidson 45 that sailed up the East coast with us. The owner is a really nice guy. He got his boat to Auckland before us and he was awaiting a longer term mooring to become available and needed somewhere for just a few days. So he asked and I said yeah sure, grab ours. So what took place was that somehow the two boats got tangled together. It turns out that the swing room for this big yellow boat was just too much and the boats tangled. But because my mooring was brand spanking new, this nasty fellow blamed my mooring and because Yippee-ieaaa was on my mooring, he was liable for the damage. Yippee-ieaaa owner has been bullied and harrased so much that he has now taken his boat to Tamaki. When the nasty guy went out to the boats, he had not tightened his outboard onto his tender correctly and the outboard fell off and disappeared. So Mr nasty fella is also harrasing Yippee for cost of outboard. The argument has gone on for awhile now and due to Mr Yippee being constantly harrassed and had his rigging damaged, he was going to start paying this Mr Nasty some money. I am glad I talked to him today. So after all the info we shared, we got very suspicous of what is going on as many facts don't add up and Mr Yippee is going to tell him to ummm, "have sex and travel". What a nice thougth.

Sorry bud, but if you drop your outboard in the piss because you forgot to fasten it to your dink correctly then that's your own stoopid fault. How can he justify trying to get $$ out of someone else for his own stupidity???

I think the sex and travel advice might be the only sensible way to go.

Hi DanInE. All the best with the exams. I hope you do really well in them.

ARC have been very "quiet" through all this, being very careful what they say. There comment is that they can not be sen to be taking sides or giving advice. I dunno, I read it more like, "don't say anything that could suggest laibility themselves". We finally got an email yesterday from ARC and will come back to that. So before that Email, the situation could have been one of two points. Either ARC gave the Mooring contractor the wrong co-ordinates or the contractor got the position wrong. We did suspect that the weights got dropped on the steep bank below the water and may have slid. But that is now doubtful. So the Email. Well last Thursday another mooring company was brought in and they shifted Resolute. It turns out the problem was that Resolute was in too shallow water and thus the swing was too large. It has been shifted into deeper water. The original mooring contractor that dropped Resolutes mooring, has had his Licience revoked due to bad practice and other issues and I had suspected that mooring all along. When I questioned Mr Nasty, he angryly replied that his mooring had been there for 15yrs. Well I knew that was a lie, it had been lifted and renewed just 6months prior to me turning up. So knowing about the bad situations the old mooring contractor had been involved in, I was very suspicious of Resolutes mooring. Mr Nasty had approached the ARC and got nowhere and also the my contractor, who told him it is just something that happens and that is why we have insurance and it ain't his problem, so then he went Yippee-ieaae and then me and then back to Yippee.

Wheels, suggest to the owner of Resolute that he applies 5Kg of NH4NO3 / 10L of diesel to prevent diesel bug, increase engine performance dramatically and also to solve the issue of his swing being a little incorrect.

Should work wonders.

With any luck, the positive effects of adding such will take effect before he leaves his boat :)

This, of course, is in jest. Just in case anyone thinks that this could actually be a good idea!!!

sounds as though you have come head to head with a genuine bonifide westie ( genus; knuckless dragess ugg and grunt speaker) on the odd occasion they've been known to stray from the used car industry and they're never wrong . One avenue open to you as well as a big favor/ heads up to the rest of us is to finger paint on his hull, in large letters , both sides, using RTV silicone the words "BEWARE WESTIE" this will stay till the repaint .....just dont let him see you doin it....keeping him guessing/ ranting can be fun to watch especially if you've got a live one

Archived