Westhaven marina submissions end Tues 25 Oct.

ex Elly

Auckland Council has some bad things planned for Westhaven marina.

Despite admitting that there is high demand for berths, they want to rip the pile moorings out and create an island for artists and glass blowers.

They want to remove all the marine shops and chandleries from Beaumont Street and cram them into a building near the marina office.

Have your say now!! You can make a submission online or by post. Must be in by Tue 25 Oct 4pm.

Draft plan

http://www.waterfrontauckland.co.nz/auc ... tHaven.pdf

Online submission form

http://www.waterfrontauckland.co.nz/Plan/Feedback.aspx

Who are all these artists and glassblowers that are currently homeless and unable to practice their craft, awaiting the creation of their new haven in a marina?? Why would artists and glassblowers want to set up shop in a marina?? What the hell were these people smoking/snorting/popping to make them think that this was a great idea and exactly what Auckland and Westhaven needs??? :roll:

Agree Grinna, they have to be out of their tree.

Please object NOW the 25th is Tuesday.

Isnt it great that the closing date is when so many will still be away or still thinking rugby. Can we guess why.............

City of Sales or Sails?

if you look at this plan it all small 'bitza" fix its, in a poor attempt to suck the general population into thinking they 9the council) are doing the right thing by the people. As I have said before get rid of the container terminal and then you really have something to play with. i know for a fact that the Ports of Auckland are shitting themselves about this very point. Now why would that be I wonder...

I hope that this plan does not go further..... Westhaven needs a low cost option for boat berthage.

Given the traditional method (mooring) is mostly un-useable (uninsurable in some cases??!!) now around Aucklands harbour due to Fast Ferrys and large launch wakes...The council as the caretaker now need to keep in mind the wider boating community!

The council as the caretaker now need to keep in mind the wider boating community!

Sadly many other councils around do not and I can only assume the ARC will follow suit. Boats and their owners are thought of as a Cash Cow by many in NZ. And at the end of the day, we have no choices but to take what they offer, or as what is happening out there now, end up walking away from your boat because you can not afford it anymore.

Archived