Coverage of the Coastal Classic for 2012

That looks like it has potential, Fineline. Well done.

The NZMYC does have some stuff 'up its sleeve' but stay tuned for more info - I don't think they are quite ready to release what's what, just yet but Scottie may be ahead of me on that one.

I am working on event coverage this year and the good news for everyone involved is that I won't be nine months pregnant. (By the way, it was a boy).

I have decided the best way for me to do the job of covering the entire race is to be in Russell from word go therefore I want to get some really good people on the ground and on the water for the start, to take photos and email them to me, and to do quick fire interviews with me as to what is happening on the racecourse. I want to get some really good commentary out of it.

This'll go on the race website and be available to David, and anyone else who is covering it.

If you think you can help please send me a message.

It'll be really intense for about 90 minutes. Then I'll rely on coverage from onboard boats, and then do interviews in Russell.

Txting during a race would have me keelhauled.

Briefly read the previous post, iphones, with the right programme and access someone can simply watch these on google maps and do updates. ??

This would have most boats covered.

I know it's a possibility but I don't know exactly where it's at. It would be awesome to see and yes, in order to get the entire fleet tracked, the iPhone/Android GPS setup seems to be the answer from what I can tell.

Texting while racing is great! It should be compulsory. 'Thou shall text Zoe and David during the Coastal Classic'. It's the only way those of us on shore can get a good picture of what's happening. Even some of the short handed multihulls manage it other years so do try even if it's just a few messages during the race. It all helps to build up the big picture that blobs on a map can't tell us.

ZK-PRH will be in the air again and hoping to cover the race all the way till dark.

Maybe we should see if your trusty camerman would be able to geo-tag his photos so that I can plot them on google maps after the race....

The best coverage possible is if you get off your stools and show up at the start line.

You get to see first hand the start middle and end, then you hear the real deal, rum dribbled version of what happened at the Duke afterwards.

Make it a record turnout by deciding today that you will be there, bullying your mate/owner/ mother or whoever to get the boat there and make it happen.

Coverage is only for non sailors and sailors with a really really good excuse for not being there.

The best coverage possible is if you get off your stools and show up at the start line.

You get to see first hand the start middle and end, then you hear the real deal, rum dribbled version of what happened at the Duke afterwards.

Make it a record turnout by deciding today that you will be there, bullying your mate/owner/ mother or whoever to get the boat there and make it happen.

Coverage is only for non sailors and sailors with a really really good excuse for not being there.

Have to agree... Did my first one last year, and absolutely loved it! it was awesome, even if you don't have a fast boat, enter the cruising division! get a crew together now, and book it in the calendar..

ZK-PRH will be in the air again and hoping to cover the race all the way till dark.

Some glamour shots of the Marshall this year please AC!!! Excellent news Sundreamer. Nice one! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived