leg one podium contest

Its down to only five people now take this contest out thanks to Abu Dhabis broken mast unless telefonica can spoil the party and claim a top 3 finish and so far there looking good on this first reach/beat. Am I wrong or did none of us think that Telefonica would grab a top three spot?

Its down to only five people now take this contest out thanks to Abu Dhabis broken mast unless telefonica can spoil the party and claim a top 3 finish and so far there looking good on this first reach/beat. Am I wrong or did none of us think that Telefonica would grab a top three spot?

I did!

1) Camper

2) Goupama + 2 hours

3) Telefonica + 3 hours (1 after Groupama)

:) I had faith in them... 12 mins behind Puma is not far. But admittedly not so much faith as I had them 12 minutes in front of Puma.

Tonight (NZ time) might be a very bad night/day for Groupama though - they may run out of wind just as the other boats light up...

So Puma are actually still racing... but if they decide to withdraw from leg one, that raises the real prospect of us having to figure out what do we do re. this contest if less than 3 boats finish?

Do we take the boat that was closest to Cape town when it withdrew as 3rd?

Or do we take the boat that withdrew last as 3rd, even if at the time it was further fromCape Town than the second to last to withdraw was?

Or do we just say there was no 3rd, so no one was right...

Or do we say: "okay no one was right, but let's look at who picked 1st and 2nd correctly"?

1) Camper

2) Goupama + 2 hours

So far these are the only boats still going. I may not have the order right, but I have picked the top 3 (at this stage of course...)

Just leave that bottle sealed; unless you invite me as well!

Puma was my 3rd so I still have:

1st Camper

2nd Groupama

which currently is the situation on the water.

IF something happens to Telefonica, we will be equal again Clipper.

The race is knot over yet.

With 50% fleet failure and just over half way, the way to Capetown is knot that assured.

OGRE: PUT THAT BOTTLE BACK :!: :roll:

Camper could break yet along with Telefonica and then when they all limp into port behind Groupama leading to a finish like i predicted :-P

Groupama, Puma then Camper followed by Telefonica and the rest of the broken brigade...

Well that was an interesting leg and none of us got anything right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The closet was clipper who chose the the three boats to survive 25 kt winds, but got the order well wrong in the end. Organise with Squid for your rum Clipper and well done on being the only one to get close to the actual result.

1) Camper

2) Goupama + 2 hours

Archived