Marina etiquette

smithy09

What do you do when the boat next door dings you? I thought it had happened before, but wasn't sure. This time I found the chip of paint still under the screw poking out from his rubbing strip!! GUILTY. I have left a nasty note to see what happens, but thought it was pretty poor form. Do you tell the marina?

I know it's not a massive ding, but he must have known he did it, and no contact...

Boats.JPG

Ding.JPG

Screw.JPG

But perhaps he is just going to say "my boat is securely moored perhaps it must have been your boat blowing onto me?"

Knot Me put in the mooring lines, so if he tries that tack I will send him to Chains Ropes and Anchors to be dealt with!

option1/ talk with the guy face to face

2/ get onto the marina

3/get your insurance company to talk with him

4/ finger paint with silicone sealer on his hull under the bow just what you think of him, his parentage, his wife and anything else that comes to mind caution with this though , it lasts a f**king long long time and only really undoable with a complete repaint

Glad it all worked out. sh*t happens sometimes eh. You should have seen us , a mate and I and another bloke on saturday. A guy in a 40 ft hanse got himself embayed in between a trawler type launch and the rock wall and finger bridge at the end of one of the bayswater piers. We did actually save his ass ,very surprisingly no damage done at all.I'd say theres about 42 ft between the rocks and the first boat.

I thought they were putting in a seawall to mitigate that and make it more useful for ferries.

Rawhiti is certainly a handful to get in and out depite the wide fairway. The only reliable constant in those boats behaviour in reverse is there is no constant. :lol:

I thought they were putting in a seawall to mitigate that and make it more useful for ferries.

Rawhiti is certainly a handful to get in and out depite the wide fairway. The only reliable constant in those boats behaviour in reverse is there is no constant. :lol:

Yes, rather you than me.. You wouldn't want to ding that work of art.

Rather Greg than me as well. I'm happy to just be the fender.

It was the end of E that Hanse got stuck in. Have a look at the hole next time you go past , its hard to imagine a 40 ft boat fitting in there , but it did. :think:

Rather Greg than me as well. I'm happy to just be the fender.

It was the end of E that Hanse got stuck in. Have a look at the hole next time you go past , its hard to imagine a 40 ft boat fitting in there , but it did. :think:

I'll have a look!

Yeah Bayswater LOOKS easy but there is often a lot of current hiding under a smooth surface and it can catch you out...

As do tires that stick up on piles with oysters on them, than scratch the whole length of your newly painted topsides, going into a marina berth.

I keep telling myself to get over it. I'll let you know when it happens... :thumbdown:

Archived