TMC 12v electric toilet pump and macerator

Battgirl

I have removed several of these, and replaced them with jabsco ones. The pump dosen't seem as robust and the kits are nearly the same cost as the toilet on special.

you had better be a folder and not a scruncher :wink: , and never ever put wet wipes of any sort down there. the wet wipes dont break down quick enough and wrap the pump impellar. I shouldn't have to mention sanitry stuff :evil:

I have one. They draw about 5-6 amps but only if you use them. Its a good price. You can give the system a good flush while the engine is running. Chops everything up like a blender and makes empting the holding tank easier.

you had better be a folder and not a scruncher :wink: , and never ever put wet wipes of any sort down there. the wet wipes dont break down quick enough and wrap the pump impellar. I shouldn't have to mention sanitry stuff :evil:

Ah yes. the best tool is a pair of fish hook pliers. They just reach into the impeller at low bowl tide :silent: Good for removing stuff that jams the impeller. Some Toilet paper also has issues.

Ive got one in Mercenary. Had no trouble at all with it. Its a gem and takes a goooood caining come christmas time. During winter its removed out of the boat for racing (its mounted on a removable floorboard) and probably doesnt get pumped for 6 months of the year but plug it in and it goes perfectly.

Havent had a problem yet although the battery usage is a bit of a bummer without a motor to charge it.

We have had one for 7years now and it works a charm. Never had a blockage and I used to have students that had no clue abuse it. The TMC motors are actually not bad and the thing is still running on the same original impellor and blade. But yes, the replacement unit is nearly as expensive as the entire Toilet, but that is a Burnsco thing. It is still cheaper than a new Jabsco. And on the Jabsco side, I have gone through two of the flash Jabsco macerator pumps in two years. I got on year and they replaced it under warranty. I got another year and it failed again. So I replaced it with a TMC.

5A draw???? think more along the lines of about 17A. They are all the same though, no matter what make. They are high power motors. But you use the motor for a few seconds, so the current is not an issue. Apart from you do need a real good cable size. Oh and forget the stupid rocker switch the sell. It doesn't last long. Get a good high current push button switch, like a starter switch that can take the current.

Oh and handy towels will wreck any make of macerator. They are bad news down a toilet.

Thanks guys. Your responses are awesome and I feel I can now make a qualified decision about a new loo. The onboard toilet rule is human waste only ie the Greek system and individual bags for number 2 papers. To be punny it seems a bit anal but I'm comfortable with doing this little bit for the environment.

With an electric macerator, you will not have to worry about the paper. You can not even see it after it has been mashed up.

Yes wheels is right. Also be aware that some of the eco friendly loo paper is the worst for clogging up. It wads up into a ball and wont go through.

. . . be aware that some of the eco friendly loo paper is the worst for clogging up. It wads up into a ball and wont go through.

So what brands of tissue are best / worst :?:

fng: BAD = wet ones of any sort . . . wet wipes dont break down quick enough and wrap the pump impellar

Wheels: BAD = handy towels {aka EBW (Elephant Bog Wipe)}

Hi all, I have an old hand pump loo in my keeler - I want to replace it with an electric one and a holding tank system.

I like the one I have (simple, sucks no power and even I can fix it :lol: ) but it ain't PC anymore - and fair enough to. Especially in a crowded bay at Xmas! :roll:

I'm not comfortable installing it myself - anyone know of someone who installs these systems?

Ta in advance.

Archived