Leg two

Camper has gone further west. Forecast is for the wind to die completely on the coast and almost completely to the west before a new front comes in. Will be interesting to see if this gives Camper a jump on the pack.

Oh and you can look at the data table and get almost every data channel off the boat.

I think a little more checking is required of the data being pumped out to the public tho. I doubt that Camper has had a max wave height in the last hour of 10.3 metres.

I see on the tracker, a Stealth Zone, What exactly is this are for? It is a fairly large area...

This is the area where all the boats will head for an undisclosed location to be loaded on a ship to be transported past the area deemed to be at risk of pirates at which point they will be restarted for the final stretch into Abu Dhabi. Details here http://www.volvooceanrace.com/en/news/4 ... ealed.html

what a huge expense for sailing to Abu Dhabi....either they must have paid huge dollars for the right for the Port to be included or the organisers need to totally rethink... seems a waste of a leg -espec when you consider what these boats are designed for...to my way of thinking it demeans the race somewhat...

what a huge expense for sailing to Abu Dhabi....either they must have paid huge dollars for the right for the Port to be included or the organisers need to totally rethink... seems a waste of a leg -espec when you consider what these boats are designed for...to my way of thinking it demeans the race somewhat...

demeans the race somewhat...

I disagree totally, "somewhat" is just too kind and gentle.

TELL THE TRUTH :!:

You (and I) really mean "TOTALLY RUBBISH AND INCOMPLETE" around PARTS of the World Race.

DISGRACEFUL UTTER CRAP and worse.

Demeans the lives of those lost overboard in previous races, great guys: Paul Waterhouse, Dominque Guillet and Bernie Hoskins.

The organisers should be made to walk the plank.

All we need now is a plank. I believe they know where away them pirates be Ahhhh Harrr Mee Heeeartites :thumbup:

On the other hand, you may have noticed that one of of the six entrants is called "Abu Dhabi".

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that if the race was not going to Abu Dhabi this first time entrant may not have entered.

Which would mean we'd have only 5 boats... perhaps.

The flip side of it is that if the route was an 'old fashioned whitbread' type course with two long southern ocean legs, there might be more entrants.

There might not be too.

On the other hand, you may have noticed that one of of the six entrants is called "Abu Dhabi".

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that if the race was not going to Abu Dhabi this first time entrant may not have entered.

had thought of that .. maybe the country put a lot of oil $ into the race is the only thing I can think of ..no way the organisers would be held to ransom for a nwcomers port to be included i would have thought...

I wonder whether you might get away with it by making it a national entry only event?

NZ vs AUS vs ESP vs UK vs USA vs FRA vs etc etc.

Patriotism might be the way forward?

Man. How many times has the lead changed so far?? I think everyone has had the lead at some stage. The cream always floats to the top and its good to see camper at the pointy end of the fleet.

Be very interesting to see how it all pans out :thumbup:

Archived